Photoj

Star Citizen

Latest update (Alpha 3.2) implemented the first iteration of mining. I gotta say they did a decent job with it. They also implemented group Quantum Drive jumping.

Decent update and it's starting to resemble a game of sorts lol.

Star Citizen, cheaper and more used than my Amazon prime video subscription over the last 5 years even though I've never really played it, I watch so much SC content on youtube.

I'm up for joining if you'll have me, I have a 315p, and a CCU for a Freelancer DUR, but I'm not sure, especially after seeing it's re-work.  I'm waiting till the MISC expo tomorrow to decide, I would like to unmelt my avenger and upgrade it to a freelancer base/dur/max, but I have already crossed my usual line with regards to investing in a game.  I fell out of love with my Avenger though, I didn't have the Titan, I had the bounty hunting one, without much cargo capacity, and it just didn't excite me as much as being able to carry a speeder bike.  I am also torn between upgrading to a cutlass or a freelancer, I prefer the freelancer, but the cutlass is currently the better ship (if that makes any sense).

Finally, I've not yet got a computer to play it on, hence looking for a dadcentric group to join.  Until my kids are older I'm not going to have much time for it.  I am however contemplating getting a cloud based shadow gaming PC with the discount Bored Gamer's discount code get's you, but still trying to persuade myself to commit to it.  I can't decide on 3 months or 1 year.

Someone asked for a referral link earlier in this thread, it's probably late, but here's mine, it gets 5k extra credits when you start in-game:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-6WM4-K46K

And if you don't want to use my referral then you can pick a random persons referral link here (also put your referral code in when you get one):
https://gorefer.me/randomizer/STAR

On 11/28/2018 at 5:45 PM, PigDaddy said:

Star Citizen, cheaper and more used than my Amazon prime video subscription over the last 5 years even though I've never really played it, I watch so much SC content on youtube.

This is how I 'play' SC too... LOL!!!!

I am also torn between upgrading to a cutlass or a freelancer, I prefer the freelancer, but the cutlass is currently the better ship (if that makes any sense).

I started with the Freelancer, but the lack of vision in the cockpit is an issue for me. (this is a video I made on it LINK)

I melted my Freelancer for a Cutlass Blue  when it was on sale and have left it that way.

Finally, I've not yet got a computer to play it on...

My PC is 5 years old and is running a GTX 970.... I'm due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting for SC Beta to start and/or the first set of SDE-free VR goggles to arrive (but that's a whole other topic).

Disclaimer: I haven't logged in to SC in years, I play by watching YT videos about the development....

But Damn, this looks good:

On 4/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Vikinger said:

Disclaimer: I haven't logged in to SC in years, I play by watching YT videos about the development....

But Damn, this looks good:

How's your computer at running it now it's been optimised a bit?

I know, it really looks stunning doesn't it!

On 4/29/2019 at 1:22 AM, PigDaddy said:

How's your computer at running it now it's been optimised a bit?

I know, it really looks stunning doesn't it!

I haven't even tried running it recently. 

I'm planning on upgrading the rig this summer once the Ryzen 3000 series is released... I'll let you know then!

I'm still running an FX8350, which is certainly feeling dated at this point. 

Was wondering if there were people playing this on the DHO discord?

i logged into Star citizen for the first time in a few years and it’s been interesting playing the 3.5 PU

my computer is ancient (5 years old)    i5-4690k. 16GB GTX 970.  It actually runs fairly well once everything is loaded.

still trying to get a hang of flying the ship, totally augered in left an impact crater in the planet when I kept the speed up trying to land.

ive only got an Aurora LN, Avenger a Titan, and a Reliant Kore. Played a few delivery missions, discovered that the cargo boxes keep falling thru the floor of the Reliant Kore, so you can’t do any delivery missions with it.