Happy Fathers Day! ×
Photoj

Star Citizen

Damn didn't see this til now. I'm a slacker. I accepted ya man. Sorry it's been like a month.

For everyone else, 2.5 release hit last week.  This adds another space station built into an asteroid (Grim Hex), and a couple more flyable ships.

3.0 is supposed to drop at the end of the year and will be a massive update adding planetary landing, new netcode, missions, ships, etc.  That release will probably be the one that really starts making it look like what Chris Roberts envisioned. 

So CitizenCon was this past weekend and they showed a demo of the upcoming alpha releases and schedule of what is to come. By the end of the year we are suppossed to get alpha 3.0 which will include planetary landing and the first gameplay mechanics. The first iteration of a real game instead of the glorified tech demo we have currently.  Watch the video below at around 1:25:22 for the start of the demo. Cool thing to watch is this is seamless from space to planet surface.  also shows how large the world is, where you can see the actual space station from the surface of the planet and even see the rings spinning around the station.  Really is pretty cool technology. This also shows some basic NPC interaction as well as planetary weather.

https://youtu.be/XuDj5v81Nd0?t=5122

Once 3.0 drops and any of you guys start playing, let me know. I have created (if I remember correctly) a DHO organization and have some ships that wlll need some crew members :)

All flyable ships unlocked for backers until October 17th. Includes Vanduul ships as well. If you have a game package and have ever wanted to try out the alien ships or bigger ships like the Starfarer, now is the time!

Gonna 'Necro' this topic.  I have been a long time backer of Star Citizen.  Ships include:

(With LTI)

Origin 85X

MICS Prospector

Esperia Vanduul Blade

Vanguard Harbinger (with Battle packages to any other vanguard ship)

(Without LTI)

Constellation Andromeda

F7C-S Ghost

RSI Orion

I also have CCUs to the Merchantmen, Freelancer DUR and Redeemer.

Yes, call me a sucker, but I have a lot of faith in Chris Roberts and look forward to playing this game until I am dead!

I have bought a fighter at start up, but I do not expect this game to be going anywhere, anytime soon. It will be known as the game most money raised that maybe made it out of beta.

I'm an SC backer, and I'm still very optimistic about the game despite the delays. I think that one day we will be rewarded fro our patience with the BDSSE.

That being said, I don't plan on really getting into SC until it is into the Beta phase.  

Admittedly, I am not very patient with 'rough' games. I have a hard time seeing past bugs and incomplete gameplay, especially for a game which I have so many big expectations. 

Cheers,

Vik

I'm into SC now, had a basic Mustang Alpha package and upgraded to a Origins 325a fighter.  Next week I'll have a bit of cash for another upgrade to a Anvil Hornet Ghost and a MISC Freelancer DUR.

Mostly bored until 3.0 comes out (June'ish 2017) when we can start doing exploration, trading, mining, bounty hunting and counter-piracy.

I applied to Executive Justice clan, a contract security company that I have a buddy in with a Constellation Taurus.

SC Alpha 3.0 is on the horizon, and its sounding really good.

I've been (im)patiently waiting for an improvement of this size before I jumped into SC, and now I think its time to dust off the HODS and do some space stuff. 

(I don't like the sound of HOSAS, so I'm making an executive decision and calling it HODS instead {Hands on Dual Sticks}). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCPQaAPQvCk&index=1&list=LL_HZUHodIgDQ2It2gC5ipgQ