Photoj

Star Citizen

Guest Nickali28

I thought about picking this or Elite:Danegrous up.  Elite Dangerous has released.

Star Citizen I am afraid seems like it will never make it out of development. If that ever seems like it might change I might look into it now.

It's currently in development, yes, but it has released a couple pieces (modules).  I look at it like Neverwinter.  It is on module 6.  It had a base game, and then kept releasing new content/changes in the form of modules. 

Although Star Citizen modules are entirely different, if they have a part of it released, then that gives me a bit more hope it will actually release the full game soon enough.  I believe it has 2 other pieces that are near end of development and about to be ready for release/testing.

Bought into it as well I'd love to be associated with others that would like to play whenever it comes out

Has elite dangerous been releases

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs." - Victor Hugo

Ok i bit the bullet big time a month or so ago and picked this up. Can't wait for the PU to get more stuff added. And I am still figuring out the controls. 

Currently have the following ships:

Aegis Avenger Titan

Freelancer DUR

Prospector x2 (bought a second to upgrade to something else and keep lifetime insurance, thinking of grabbing a Constellation Andromeda + Aquilis upgrade).

They have a basic persistent universe up, along with Arena Commander, and Hangar module. Rumor is that the next update (2.4) or possibly the one after (2.5) will bring a persistent universe that saves progress, implements a form of the in game currency, and adds some of the job type features Something other than combat stuff). 

I believe currently there are a few quests you can do in the PU and such.  Think you can actually shoot people in FPS mode as well. I'm still learning the commands LOL.

I only picked up the basic Aurora.

Is it worth it to pick up a larger ship?   I was thinking about exploring/mining/running cargo - rather than fighting or FPS combat when the PU starts up.