Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

SilntMercy : (21 June 2017 - 12:04 PM)

Needs to happen now. This season looks amazing from the previews.

SGrant7 : (21 June 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Seriously!

joey791 : (21 June 2017 - 05:55 PM)

Welcome to the forums kore :)

Vikinger : (21 June 2017 - 06:02 PM)

GoT marathon on HBO starts tonight. Beginning with Episode 1. :-)... I may have to take a small breather from my grind in WoT.

joey791 : (21 June 2017 - 06:21 PM)

Welcome to the forums 0ntarg3t :)

0ntarg3t : (21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM)

thanks

0ntarg3t : (21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM)

just checking it all out

SGrant7 : (22 June 2017 - 09:11 AM)

Welcome 0ntarg3t

bergsteiger : (23 June 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Frustrating week for me in WoT. Be back in 9 days, hopefully refreshed :)

Texas2501 : (24 June 2017 - 09:41 PM)

corpus meet up

joey791 : (25 June 2017 - 08:46 AM)

Welcome to the forums MarineMudaTrukr :)

MarineMudaTrukr : (25 June 2017 - 08:47 AM)

whats up

Ensena : (25 June 2017 - 06:04 PM)

not sure how i get into your team speak been a member since sept ... 2016 and

SGrant7 : (26 June 2017 - 08:46 AM)

Just a heads up to anyone not in the know... Steam Summer Sale is on until July 5th

SGrant7 : (26 June 2017 - 08:56 AM)

Hi Ensena! All the info for the TS & Discord server can found in the following link. Please read through the post, introduce yourself in the intro thread and follow the links to get started on TS. If you have any other questions, please let us know. http://dadshideout.c...eak-leadership/

Sixman_Up : (27 June 2017 - 04:15 PM)

I JUST GOT A PROMOTION! WOOT! WOOOT! :)

xJediDadx : (27 June 2017 - 04:21 PM)

congrats!!

Bubba187 : (27 June 2017 - 04:55 PM)

Awesome, congrats!

Vikinger : (27 June 2017 - 05:35 PM)

Nice Six!

Sixman_Up : (27 June 2017 - 07:39 PM)

Ty ty guys! :)

Photo

Game Finisher / Backlog Challenge 2015

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#1 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts
  • Real first name:Dan
  • Xbox:MagmaFlow
  • PSN:MagmaFlow
  • Steam:MagmaFlow

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

YEAH!!!! Gonna do it again, folks!
Let's keep track of all of the games that you've completed in an entire year!
What does 'complete' mean? Some ground rules on game completion:
Finish the story. Doesn't matter if it's on easy mode or hard mode. Just finish it up.
Complete the game and unlock everything or get all of the atrophments (achievements or trophies) and I'll mark the game in RED.

Going to include the backlog on this and see what we can do. Also going to make this a friendly competition. The prize? Well....nothing really, but the bragging rights that maybe, just maybe you didn't spend as much on games as you did last year. And the feeling that you might have gotten to that heap of games on the shelf.

So here's how that will work.
Newer (to you) games that you've completed will be worth 5 points. So even if the game was released two years ago and you just picked it up it's only worth 5 points if you complete it.
Games that have sat on your shelf for more than 10 months (or so) that you complete are worth 10 points.
Complete any game and get ALL of the atrophments or unlock everything (all stars, challenges, whatnot) get an extra 5 points on top of your completion score. If you completed the game last year and just now got all of the atrophments you get just the extra 5 points. No double dipping.:tongue

I'll keep the running list here and keep track of everyone's score. I'll put the next to the person's name in the table. I'll also put the point value of any of the games.

Remember....This is just a FRIENDLY competition. There are no prizes for winning. Just the bragging rights here.

I've changed this to a google doc. Forgive the formatting....trying to work it all out, but the data is still there.

WELL....2015 is OVER and by the looks of it....I KICKED Y'ALLS ASSES!!!! BOOM!!!!!
YEAH BABY! IT'S OVER! WHO WINS!?!?!? I DO! lol

Anyway. Congrats to everyone who completed a ton of games. I'll be setting up another spreadsheet for 2016 and we'll have the same thing going on here. Same rules, too.

Users Awards

#2 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,336 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Count me in again!

7240.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.me/dho

Users Awards

#3 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

Going to change this a bit, too. And I'll change the title.
Let's include this as a 'Backlog Challenge' too. Not saying you can't buy new games, but maybe I'll make it a little friendly competition and assign point values to games. There would be no prize, of course.

Users Awards

#4 Platt_Mallar

Platt_Mallar

Wordy and Nerdy

• Tanker Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Real first name:Jacob
  • Xbox:Platt Mallar
  • Steam:platt9

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

So, if I go and find Arkahm Asylum again (it should be in the retired games closet) and actually beat it, that would be worth 10pts.But, if I go and pick up Arkahm City (whatever the 2nd batman game is called) it would be worth 5 pts to complete?Also, what about games I'm currently playing, like Dragon Age: Inquisition?Does that count at all, since I'm playing it in 2014, have 30+ hours in the campaign, but won't beat the story till Jan or Feb?

Lastly, what about World of Tanks?It doesn't have a story mode, but I don't have a top-of-the-line tank yet either.Since it doesn't technically have an ending, would that mean you can only earn the cheevos's 5 pts?

Just trying to find out, as I haven't actually gotten all the cheevos on any game (but my wife has on my profile for a couple of Lego games).

1075751.png

Users Awards

#5 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Yay points!!:lol

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#6 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Dragon Age would fall into the New to You category...unless you managed to snag that game prior to 10 months ago. ;-) And if you finish that in 2015, so yeah...5 pts.
Games that have no ending wouldn't really count, I guess. In that respect 'finishing' would be subjective. Same thing as last year. So WoT is an MMO. Do you really 'finish' an MMO. The whole idea is to get more points for playing the games you never got to. Release date doesn't matter. Purchase date is more on the deciding factor here.
So if I went and picked up Arkham City for $5 somewhere or PS+ and XBL that would be a new to me game. If I completed that soon after I got it...5 pts. Had Arkham Asylum sitting on the shelf for 2 years and never completed it. Finally got around to it. 10 pts.

The older the game is to you (ie. how long it's been sitting on your shelf or in your digital library) the more points it's worth than just going out and buying a game today.

Hope that makes sense.

Users Awards

#7 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Makes more sense to me. With the exception of Borderlands the Pre-sequel, everything I have currently would be worth 10pts each.

Guess I need to crack down on my RPG's next year. Cause that's pretty much what I have in my collection over the past couple of years.

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#8 Platt_Mallar

Platt_Mallar

Wordy and Nerdy

• Tanker Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Real first name:Jacob
  • Xbox:Platt Mallar
  • Steam:platt9

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

Alrighty!I guess you can put me down on the list!

1075751.png

Users Awards

#9 Jescor

Jescor

BYDHTTMWFI

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Real first name:Jesse
  • PSN:TastyChickenHank
  • Steam:Jescor

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

I've got a few games in my backlog that I should probably start working on, sign me up

Users Awards

#10 nightstorm56

nightstorm56

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts
  • Real first name:Val
  • Xbox:nightstorm56
  • PSN:nightstorm56
  • Steam:nightstorm56
  • WoT ID:nightstorm56

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Dragon Age would fall into the New to You category...unless you managed to snag that game prior to 10 months ago. ;-) And if you finish that in 2015, so yeah...5 pts.
Games that have no ending wouldn't really count, I guess. In that respect 'finishing' would be subjective. Same thing as last year. So WoT is an MMO. Do you really 'finish' an MMO. The whole idea is to get more points for playing the games you never got to. Release date doesn't matter. Purchase date is more on the deciding factor here.
So if I went and picked up Arkham City for $5 somewhere or PS+ and XBL that would be a new to me game. If I completed that soon after I got it...5 pts. Had Arkham Asylum sitting on the shelf for 2 years and never completed it. Finally got around to it. 10 pts.

The older the game is to you (ie. how long it's been sitting on your shelf or in your digital library) the more points it's worth than just going out and buying a game today.

Hope that makes sense.

So...what's the point structure for retro games, like my Genesis and NES games? :lol

r1x26s.gif
nightstorm56.pngnightstorm56.png
Hi, I'm Val!

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users