gpc_4

Cookery with gpc_4

On 12/30/2018 at 7:05 PM, gpc_4 said:

Tuscan Tortellini Soup (Delish): Didn’t really work; pasta too soggy, soup too thin, spinach everywhere.

Dude, you deserve a bad result. Tortellini with beans and chunks of sausage? That would send someone from Bologna into an apoplectic fit. Keep the broth and maybe the spinach.

Negged.

5 minutes ago, xtc4 said:

Dude, you deserve a bad result. Tortellini with beans and chunks of sausage? That would send someone from Bologna into an apoplectic fit. Keep the broth and maybe the spinach.

Negged.

You’re saying I need to add bologna?

On 12/30/2018 at 7:07 PM, gpc_4 said:

Also, I got an instant pot for Xmas. Need to find some recipes. Tested it by making hard boiled eggs...they were kinda great.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:33 AM, happyfunball said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Instant Pot. My wife bought a couple of years back and I thought it was just going to be another useless unitasker. Turned out we use it to make stock, soup, rice, chili, and a bunch of random stuff. Coincidentally, she made tortellini soup in it just a couple of weeks ago.

Small side story... Instant Pot was a small local start-up from three guys that worked together at a local branch of Nortel. They've become quite large considering they basically started out in a garage. A friend of ours down the road works for them. 

From quite a few friends, I've heard nothing but good things about them and some of the crazy things people cook in them. Cake?! Yes!

They actually have some cook books right on their website.

https://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Pressure-Cooker-Recipe-Booklet_20181130_REFERENCE.pdf

https://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Multicooker-Recipe-Book_English-web.pdf

They also have an app in the App Stores.

They also now have a blender that makes soups and milks along with smoothies.

https://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Ace-Blender-E-Recipe-Book-English-November-272c-2018-reduced.pdf

@gpc_4 I just started a "Recipe" pinned topic, if you want to copy and paste your fav recipes feel free just try to follow the format.

24 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

@gpc_4 I just started a "Recipe" pinned topic, if you want to copy and paste your fav recipes feel free just try to follow the format.

I’ll check it out. 

Spicy BBQ Pulled Pork (Ultimate Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook): Something went wrong here. Much too much liquid. Just meh.

spPjLtIh.jpg

cmHoUjuh.jpg

Swedish Meatballs (Ultimate Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook): Finally something good! I liked these a lot and my son ate a good portion of one. Meatballs were probably too big and the sauce (gravy?) was thin and not what you think of when you imagine Swedish Meatballs. Still, good overall.

F0CAuydh.jpg

0hfX2lBh.jpg