Sign in to follow this  
Mr Linford

Game of Thrones

For a while I have been getting bored with reading the book because it is basically the same as the show.  I have already "experienced" it.  I think I will skip ahead to this though and read it.  Maybe just start reading the books from there.  People say how different the book is to the show, but they are only small, subtle differences.  OK, she wasn't in the hall.  I'm sure the outcome was the same.  They aren't changing big things.  Other things I have read is just that the book has a few other characters say or do something, and for the sake of keeping things somewhat simple, they have an already established character do it.  Nothing big.  Reading the book is just like slowly going back through episodes that you have already seen and know the outcome.

:lmao2 :lmao2  I know.  I had to post it.  So fitting after the "Red Wedding" episode and all.  I'm sure there is more to come too.  :lol

Guest Nickali28

My wife read all the books, from hearing what little from her about these books/series, there is very little loyalty to any character until later on where the books pretty well start to keep all the characters and just add in more and more. 

George R Martin wanted to bust up the traditional predicable story line... and redefine the Hero role.... well looks like he may have succeeded  :cool

So that is it?  Season 3 is over?  I went to watch Game of Thrones yesterday and it never recorded.  The only way that would happen is the end of the season.  Man, I was expecting more.  I guess that's how the book ended, but I still expected a "Next season, on Game of Thrones" teaser at the end.  Nothing.  Just Sunday comes, and no new episode.  I'm sad.

So that is it?  Season 3 is over?  I went to watch Game of Thrones yesterday and it never recorded.  The only way that would happen is the end of the season.  Man, I was expecting more.  I guess that's how the book ended, but I still expected a "Next season, on Game of Thrones" teaser at the end.  Nothing.  Just Sunday comes, and no new episode.  I'm sad.

I could be wrong but I think that's only the first half of the third book.  I still need to watch it.  :sad2

you are correct, Season 3 ends about 3/4 of the way through book 3... I think that will be the trend for awhile since each book now is in excess  of 1,000 pages! :cool