Sign in to follow this  
Rainraey

Introduce Yourself # 5

I'm a 40 year old father of 3.  2 boys (18 and 16) and a girl (13 months).  I teach Earth Science/History and coach Water Polo/Swimming so I don't get a lot of time to chill out anymore and game.  I ran a fairly successful WOW raiding guild for a while before quitting cold turkey 4 years ago, messed around with a bunch of single player games before stumbling onto WoT last summer.  Starting to get to the point where I want to step up from just soloing pubs so I thought I'd give this place a shot, heard some good things about you all.

I'm a 40 year old father of 3.  2 boys (18 and 16) and a girl (13 months).  I teach Earth Science/History and coach Water Polo/Swimming so I don't get a lot of time to chill out anymore and game.  I ran a fairly successful WOW raiding guild for a while before quitting cold turkey 4 years ago, messed around with a bunch of single player games before stumbling onto WoT last summer.  Starting to get to the point where I want to step up from just soloing pubs so I thought I'd give this place a shot, heard some good things about you all.

Welcome to the Hideout! Glad you found us and hopefully you'll get some time to hang with the guys and shoot stuff... enjoy.

Welcome Skalla, great to have you here.  I'm sure you are going to have a blast with all the dads in WoT.  Hope to see you around.

Hey guys.  47 year old father of three from the Frozen North (MN) here.  I've got an 18, 14 and 6 year old.  Two older children are girls and the six year old is all boy...  Star Wars, Legos, Transformers, you name it...  My girls are into softball and too much electronic entertainment but I'm an old geek so what do you expect?  Anyone else play Zork and Star Trek on a green screen mainframe when they were a kid (thanks to a techie dad)?  Found you guys from WoT and thought it might be fun being in a playing with a group.  I've soloed everything thus far.  Not sure I even know how to chat within the game!

Good to meet all of you,

Chris 

Hey guys.  47 year old father of three from the Frozen North (MN) here.  I've got an 18, 14 and 6 year old.  Two older children are girls and the six year old is all boy...  Star Wars, Legos, Transformers, you name it...  My girls are into softball and too much electronic entertainment but I'm an old geek so what do you expect?  Anyone else play Zork and Star Trek on a green screen mainframe when they were a kid (thanks to a techie dad)?  Found you guys from WoT and thought it might be fun being in a playing with a group.  I've soloed everything thus far.  Not sure I even know how to chat within the game!

Good to meet all of you,

Chris

Hey, welcome to the Hideout! Glad you found us... here's the link you'll need to ask for an invite http://dadshideout.com/index.php?topic=2857.1935... one of the commanders/recruiters will set you up and get you onto comms.

don't just 'play' the game... enjoy the forums in the man-cave as well... look around and get involved with anything that you're interested in.

enjoy!

Welcome Chris, great to have you here.  Man, that sure is a huge age differential with your kids, but at least you got a boy.  It's so hard to not buy every cool toy you would want as a kid.  :duckhunt  I'm sure you will have a blast with all the dads in WoT and glad you found the site.  Hope to see you around.

Hey guys, Father of 2 awesome kids. Love to play PC and PS3 games when i get a chance. Any kind  of game really as long as its good. Also enjoy goin onto Steam and looking at the new dev games.  But I have been playing WoT almost every night and am hooked. thanks

Hey guys, Father of 2 awesome kids. Love to play PC and PS3 games when i get a chance. Any kind  of game really as long as its good. Also enjoy goin onto Steam and looking at the new dev games.  But I have been playing WoT almost every night and am hooked. thanks

c89feb22-7388-4c6c-944d-a5be1cd93af0.jpg

Welcome Seabas.  Glad you found the site, and I'm sure you will find a ton to occupy your time.  Hope you have a blast with the dads in WoT and that we continue to see you around.

:tank1

Hello fellow Dads, I'm a 56 year old father of three and grandfather of one. Played a lot of Xbox360 mostly FPS games until a couple of guys at work told me about WOT about a year ago and now I am a hopelessly addicted tanker. Not a good one but working hard on getting better. Also love to read WW2 history as my dad, born and raised in Hungary, was conscripted into fighting with the Germans however, he saw no action and was captured by the British first and then transferred to an American POW camp until the end of the war. Currently reading book 2 of the Rick Atkinson Liberation Trilogy and I highly recommend it.