Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

YahMann : (14 August 2017 - 10:24 AM)

Calling all callers. Open mike is on for tonight. Tier 6. 6:30pm pst.

Jester39 : (15 August 2017 - 09:20 PM)

test

gpc_4 : (15 August 2017 - 10:46 PM)

test

Sixman_Up : (16 August 2017 - 05:10 AM)

Test SAT

NeoGP : (16 August 2017 - 03:14 PM)

test

Jester39 : (16 August 2017 - 05:41 PM)

test

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (16 August 2017 - 06:06 PM)

test?

xJediDadx : (17 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

test

SGrant7 : (17 August 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Posted Image

Grimm65 : (17 August 2017 - 03:39 PM)

the question now is - did the test pass or fail!!!

Jester39 : (17 August 2017 - 04:47 PM)

fail..where is everyone...

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (17 August 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Testing of course!

rewguy79 : (17 August 2017 - 07:04 PM)

What was the test for?

joey791 : (17 August 2017 - 08:57 PM)

Welcome to the forums Babbaganouj :)

Babbaganouj : (17 August 2017 - 09:18 PM)

Woooo~ I have finally found my people haha!

gpc_4 : (18 August 2017 - 12:31 AM)

welcome, sir.

serf : (18 August 2017 - 12:35 PM)

por que

joey791 : (19 August 2017 - 12:26 AM)

Welcome to the forums TylerNible :)

Ayleward2 : (19 August 2017 - 06:02 PM)

Anyone want in for fantasy football? Draft tonight at 8PM EST.

joey791 : (21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM)

Welcome to the forums GregoryNor :)

Photo

Gamertag Definition

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#11 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,777 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Me either, just here.

I took a lot of time thinking of something cool for my gamertag.So I thought what word sounded cool and could have some meaning to it.So I thought afterthought.I would either be an afterthought of the person I just killed, or more times than not, I'm that person's afterthought of who he just killed.I was big into Halo novels at the time and was reading Ghosts of Oynx which introduced a Spartan named Kurt who was Spartan 051.I related a lot to him and his leadership skills, so I tacted on the 051 as a tribute to him.I was going to leave out all the vowels but the first "a", but aftrthght just got too confused and you can't just glance at it and see "afterthought".So I just left out the e in aftr to keep things a little shorter and clean.:2thumbs

Now my son's gamertag is Tristan051, not so original for him, just his name and the 051.My wife's nickname that I call her is Belle, so she is Belle051.And my daughter picked NatBat051, Natalie and she even kept the 051.Looks like I started something for the family.Also helps get you the gamertag you want with just some numbers at the end which have meaning for me and no one else, so it's available.

8030.png

Users Awards

#12 davebrubek (ColonelSandals)

davebrubek (ColonelSandals)

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Real first name:Aaron
  • PSN:ColonelSandals

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

My gamertag is in homage to the jazz musician Dave Brubeck. I have used davebrubek for online gaming for about 14 years and have thought about changing it but can't come up with something good enough to justify the effort it would take to make the switch.

Users Awards

#13 CrazyDaze

CrazyDaze

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Real first name:Chad
  • Xbox:CrazyDaze
  • PSN:CrazyDaze71
  • Steam:CrazyDaze

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Let's see I was 16 and it was a time when AO-hell ruled the internet. I was trying to think up a screen name but every completely original name I could think of had been taken. I spent something like 4 hours trying different names and just couldn't take any random thing. Near the end I thought CrazyDayz going with the Limp Bizkit ooh I'm cool with a Z in my name but it got shot down. So as I'm sitting around at 1am ducking tired as can be but wanting to get a cool name to go into chat rooms with I thought "I am in a daze at 1 am going crazy trying to think up some stupid name just so I can chat this is such BS.. *light bulb* I'm in a CrazyDaze thinking of a name". BOOM goes the dynamite and I've used it everywhere I can with the only modification ever was adding 71 my birth year at the end when CD is already taken.

My daughter went with DarkHappiness to go with her EMO'ish style she has going. My son didn't like any fancy names and at four was still picky about what I used so it ended up at JohnJohn06. My wife has always called herself the Queen of Chino so we squished it together QueenOfChino.

1047968.png

Users Awards

#14 Guest_Burnsknight_*

Guest_Burnsknight_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Burns Night is a Scottish celebration on 25th January celebrating the life of poet Robert Burns. My Surname is Burns and I just think it looked rather chivalrous changing the spelling to Knight.

I originally made it up as a joke to one of my friends when I started playing Counterstrike and Quake 3 online. He told me it was the worst username he has ever heard in his entire life so I decided I was definitely going to keep it after that.:lol

#15 Guest_JacksDaddy_*

Guest_JacksDaddy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

My daughter went with DarkHappiness to go with her EMO'ish style she has going. My son didn't like any fancy names and at four was still picky about what I used so it ended up at JohnJohn06. My wife has always called herself the Queen of Chino so we squished it together QueenOfChino.

Funny cause I was just thinking if I did create one for Jackson, it would be JackJack08:lol

#16 awakenedheathen

awakenedheathen

Stream Master General

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

All my friends in hardcore music called me crucial chase at the shows and all. so it went over to my gamertag.
803888.png
dadshideout.png

Users Awards

#17 HuddledTerror

HuddledTerror

Assassin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Xbox:HuddledTerror
  • Steam:HuddledTerror

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

My nickname when I was a kid was Huddle - Not sure why ( might be due to the amount of twinkies I ate) , just kind of stuck with me.I added the Terror from my days as a Rugby Player.When I put it together as Huddle Terror it sounded kind of lame.My little brother suggested that I ad the "d" and well you have HuddledTerror.

Maybe I should change it to HuddledmyNutz!!

Users Awards

#18 Guest_krashhole_*

Guest_krashhole_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Mine originated from my RC racing days. When I first started racing, I signed up for races under my name. After about 6 months or so I decided to use KrashHole. When asked why I replied "Have you seen my driving around the track?" Always crashing lol

#19 Pinmonkey001

Pinmonkey001

God-Like

• Administrators
  • 4,411 posts
  • Real first name:Mark
  • Xbox:pinmonkey001
  • WoT ID:pinmonkey001

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Pinmonkey was/is a one hit wonder band that I enjoyed for a brief moment in time.Also I was into body piercings at the time so I thought it was cool.Didn't know "monkey" was so popular.Kind of sorry I picked it.Anyway I added the 001 because I didn't want to be bothered if the name was taken.People commonly add 1 (or now v1) to the end of the name, but noone uses two place holders.So Pinmonkey001 it is.I also picked up Pinmonkey007 for gits and shiggles.I let my daughter use it when we play, though I think the free month of live that was on it is expired by now.

pinmonkey001.jpg
signature.png

Users Awards

#20 OldSkoolTarHeel

OldSkoolTarHeel

Squad Leader

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Real first name:Rob
  • Xbox:OldSkoolTarHeel

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

When I first got my 360 I couldn't think of ANYthing to use as a gamertag, so I used the M$ GT generator and came up with AilingHippo. That was lame, so when I decided to start playing online I had just moved to NC and thought Tar Heel would be cool so I added 27 as my favorite number and I was Tar Heel 27 for a while. Then I got into the habit of ritually changing my GT. For a while I was TheSpencernator, after my son, then for a brief moment, like a day, I was Koc n Ballz, then thought that was REALLY stupid, then I was just Spencernator. In my last flair of brilliance I realized that TarHeel was my favorite gamertag, and I wanted to be "cool" so I used Old School in my name. Now, OldSchoolTarHeel was one character too long, so I changed the ch to a k.

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users