Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Wet Shaving

So the ambroley came in today. Much heavier and longer then the Edwin jagger. Excited

That is rather sexy looking. Would love to add one to my setup but if I add anymore my other half will kill me. HEHEHE

I know I have gotten much faster.  When I first started, it would take me like 30 minutes to do my three passes.  Now I can do it all in about 15 minutes or less.  Now, I don't pull my neck skin taunt when I shave though, and I know many people say they do.  I have just never shaved this way.  I flex my neck muscles and contort my head in different ways, but I guess I'm scared of my hands slipping with the soap and/or cutting my finger.  My neck on the sides would be my one trouble area, particularly when I rub my hand from my ears to the center of my throat.  I feel hairs going in that direction towards my Adam's apple.  Sometimes I miss the corners of my mouth too, and that is probably because I have cut my lip before and that takes forever to stop bleeding.

I still need to do 3-4 passes due to hair growing in different ways. I have gotten a lot faster taking about 20 minutes to shower shave my fast with the DE and my head with a cartridge razor.

Any of you still wet shaving? Have you changed anything in your setup of late?

Been wet shaving for years and love it. Better shave than regular and a lot cheaper. Don't think I'll get a straight edge, just not interested.  Did get to hold a mammoth bone handled straight edge, was pretty cool, but the price was $1200 (W.T.F.?!).

I use www.fendrihan.com for my wet shave needs cause they have awesome customer service and always throw in free crap with every order.  Using a Merkur shave set.  My last purchase was a 100 pack of Astra blades about a year ago for $13.

I cheat during the week and use a Gillette soap for regular shaves cause it saves a ton of time. My biggest pet peeve is how long it takes to get the shave soap to lather up.

The website also has a ton of info/tips about shaving, foam etc. 

Thanks for the site, Skid. I have Astra blades now. I bought 100, and am just now coming to my last few boxes. I was going to try some Feather blades next. I hear they are pretty good.

Been wet shaving for years and love it. Better shave than regular and a lot cheaper. Don't think I'll get a straight edge, just not interested.  Did get to hold a mammoth bone handled straight edge, was pretty cool, but the price was $1200 (W.T.F.?!).

I use www.fendrihan.com for my wet shave needs cause they have awesome customer service and always throw in free crap with every order.  Using a Merkur shave set.  My last purchase was a 100 pack of Astra blades about a year ago for $13.

I cheat during the week and use a Gillette soap for regular shaves cause it saves a ton of time. My biggest pet peeve is how long it takes to get the shave soap to lather up.

The website also has a ton of info/tips about shaving, foam etc. 

Thanks for the Site man I will be checking them out for my next blade order.

I'm still wet shaving (wouldn't go back now for all of the tea in China).  I am now using Sir Hare shaving soap and a friend turned me onto a synthetic shaving brush that is the best brush I have ever used and is only about $12.  Combine that shave soap lather with a little Proraso shaving cream and I have one very smooth shave.  I also switched to the Feather blades.  They are super sharp and I had to make sure my lather was proper to avoid drawing blood.

I am still doing this also. Hoping to find work soon cause I am running low on blades lol.