Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Panoramix18: Dad in the Spotlight July 11th - 15th

didnt know you were banned... not gonna ask as your explaination might trigger a second ban.. anyways great write up looking foreward to the duke, and if you ever need a solid im there.

(ps as people read these alot more then other posts mancyank needs a guitarhero controller i have one to send but it might take some time to build up the cash to send if someone else can help him first thats great if not it should be sent within a week or two... i also expect i will need to edit this out and repost elsewhere :p )

Guest Sanctuary13

nice writeup and all...

...but you said something about  :yoda

so I have to give you a 7/10.  still passing.  :lmao2

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

As I said yesterday I met my wife in college.  She says she never “hated” me, but she sure had a funny way of showing it.  :lmao2.  We met in 2000 at college and started dating in 2002, engaged in 2003 and married in October of 2005.  We have a daughter, Nora Lynn that was born in late July of 2009.  We’ve had ups and downs just like everything in life, and right now we are probably on the up swing. She works in a A/C HVAC office processing orders for jobs.  We moved to Maryland a few months ago and she was unemployed (more on the move and what not tomorrow) and things were a little rough around the house for both of us.  We are all happier now as she has someone other then me and a two year old to talk to during the day :lol.

As for non-nuclear family; my dad has been a police officer for longer then I have been on this planet and is referred to by other officers as a police god.  When asked about that phrase the usual response is “what part of Police God are you having trouble understanding?”  :lol.  He really likes his job and now works as a business liaison for the police department.  My mom was the bookkeeper for ABC stores in the county I grew up in (aka liquor stores).  The running joke at home when I was growing up was that mom sold them the booze and dad arrested them for it :lol.  Mom has diabetes and has had a quadruple bypass and a double amputation below the knees and is a shining example of what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.  She runs a support group for amputees out of the hospital at East Carolina University.  Both of them have served as examples for me throughout my life.  The rest of the family is the average sort of thing, 2 over the road truck driving uncles, one does sheet rock, one is a driver for the VA somewhere in Texas and my aunt runs her husband’s contracting business.  My daughter was the first great - grandchild born close enough to them to spoil rotten.  They aren’t happy that I had to move 2 states away, but luckily they understand.  More on that tomorrow. 

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

.  My mom was the bookkeeper for ABC stores in the county I grew up in (aka liquor stores).  The running joke at home when I was growing up was that mom sold them the booze and dad arrested them for it :lol

:lmao2 awesome,

Mom has diabetes and has had a quadruple bypass and a double amputation below the knees and is a shining example of what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.  She runs a support group for amputees out of the hospital at East Carolina University. 

Now that is very awesome indeed, your mom is a strong person, +1 to her for strength and support to others

Great write up John! looking forward for more  :2thumbs

That was really sad about your mom John.  Breaks my heart.  My grandma had some pretty bad diabetes.  Lost a breast and her eye sight at the end, but nothing like your mom.  She had to keep elevating her legs and putting on some kind of thing that inflated and deflated over and over again.  It was pretty crazy, but I think it's what kept her from losing her legs.

Both your parents seem great though.  Are they tall as well?  Or are you the freak of the family?

Look forward to hearing everything being explained about the move.

Sound backwards with the wife.  Maybe that's how you do it.  Have her hate you and then she'll love you later.  Mine loved me and now she hates me.  That's not true, but pretty funny.  :roftl