Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Panoramix18: Dad in the Spotlight July 11th - 15th

Alright guys, fresh back from being banned, let's give it up for Panoramix to tell us all about himself and what he does when he's not saying things to get himself banned.  I'm joking of course.  But let's hear all about it this week.  And thanks for stepping up and putting yourself on our chopping block.

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

So, my name is John and I am 30 years old, most people call me Big John.  I’m 6’4” and somewhere in the neighborhood of 300lbs so it’s a well deserved nickname.  I usually only use my intimidating size for good :lol.  I am sure that many of you I have gamed and spoken with have heard me attempt to make jokes; this is just a carry over from my natural personality.  I like to talk A LOT and I have discovered (after a couple of awkward years) that people’s first impression of me is “Oh God he might try to kill and possibly eat me!” so I try and break the ice with a joke to lighten the mood a bit.  I’m sure I’m batting about 50/50 with funny jokes versus stupid s%$t that comes out of my mouth, but I enjoy making the effort.  :lol.  I feel that a good joke is worth at least 2 bad ones. 

Enough about my awkward early twenties! So I grew up in a little town called Newport NC.  For those marines out there, yeah it’s the one right next to Cherry Point MCAS.  I went to school there and played the role of the awkward fat kid (see above).  :lol

For some reason North Carolina Wesleyan College in Rocky Mount, NC decided to accept my retarded a$$.  Four years, some awesome stories, some lessons learned and some life long friends made later I graduated with more debt then I am comfortable with and a B.S. degree in Environmental Science and a minor in Biology (for those of you who wanna make jokes, it’s a Bachelor’s of Science not  :bs  :lol).  While at college I met my now wife, worked in the Theatre as a master carpenter and as a Resident Assistant with the dept of student life.

As for how I found this site.  About 3ish years ago I saw on the Xbox live dash board that there was a site called Voldemorte and I thought “OH THANK GOD!” My wife had just become pregnant and I wasn’t freaking out yet, but I was well on my way.  I don’t remember what game was being played, but I joined that despicable site and managed to get added to Aftr and Joey’s friend’s list.  I never really posted on the other site, but really enjoyed my time gaming with the dads from there.  One day I got a message from Aftr saying that pretty much all the guys I gamed with had broken ties with the other inferior site and started on a grand new journey with the ever impressive often imitated but never duplicated Dadshideout.com and I should check it out.  I did and haven’t looked back.  The admin, mods, and dads here are great and totally make me feel welcome and heard.  I’m really glad that I have found this group of guys.  If you actually made it all the way down here thanks. Oh and Star Wars still sucks! Seriously F$#& Yoda!!                         

JUST F$%$ING JOKING!!!!!!  You SW guys need to learn how to take a joke.  :lmao2  So I think that is about all for today. 

Lol john you the man, awesome write up buddy. Man how about our talk last night, become a nacho libre!!! Were those wrestling spandex tights with pride lol oh by the way pickled up SR2 today, lets get our hoes and gang bang together word! Lmao

Man I trained with a local wrestling association for 6 months to do one match with my buddy (no spandex allowed  :lol).  My buddy started a wrestling club in college (he always wants to be on stage, he is a lead guitarist in a band now) and got some money to start the club from the college.  When we finished the training we put on a show for the college I think 11 people showed up.  I had fun with it, but WAAAAAYYYYY to easy to hurt yourself and the guy was offering $50 a match.  Just wasn't worth it.  and like I said last night your really have to trust the guy your in the ring with otherwise you will get hurt.  People say wrestling is fake, I say no, its choreographed.  When you just off a ladder and land on a concrete floor its gonna hurt.  :lol 

Man I trained with a local wrestling association for 6 months to do one match with my buddy (no spandex allowed  :lol).  My buddy started a wrestling club in college (he always wants to be on stage, he is a lead guitarist in a band now) and got some money to start the club from the college.  When we finished the training we put on a show for the college I think 11 people showed up.  I had fun with it, but WAAAAAYYYYY to easy to hurt yourself and the guy was offering $50 a match.  Just wasn't worth it.  and like I said last night your really have to trust the guy your in the ring with otherwise you will get hurt.  People say wrestling is fake, I say no, its choreographed.  When you just off a ladder and land on a concrete floor its gonna hurt.  :lol

I would pay actual cash to see the film of you wrestling  :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

Oh man, I was just about to start another thread really wishing you well on your endeavors and finding someone else to jump in and take your place for Dad in the Spotlight.  :lol

Great write up John.  I wish I had known you back when I was in NC and VA.  Man, such potential good times missed.  That is really cool that you wrestled.  I was just picking Ashe's head (Ronins_dad on here) about wrestling because he wrestled for quite a few years.  Some great stuff.  Hey, we can have the DHO wrestling match of John vs Ashe.  I always wanted to be that f***ing co** a** manager that everyone hated like Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, or maybe Jimmy Hart rather.  I'll use a golf club instead of the tennis racket.  :lmao2  Now I want some wrestling smilies.  Wrestling.gif?t=1276044027

2s17rih.gif

I'm glad you wasn't my RA in college.  You know, my RA was like 6'3" or so too.  I guess they pick the biggest guy on the floor so no one will cross him.  :lol  Great job.  Can't wait for the rest of the week.