Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

someoneurnot: Dad in the Spotlight June 20th - 24th

Sweet, good stuff. Man its been ages since I touched my accoustic guitar, its sitting in the storage. I should bust it out someday and re learn the chords.

Guest someoneurnot

judging by the comment you live/are from LA so my question is what part aftr?

Great write up so far man, sorry to hear about your marriage situation, but like you say life goes on, and you never know what's is store for your future !! Good luck and can't wait for the rest !!

Sent from my iPhone 4

I grew up in Harvey, just outside N.O. if you didn't know.  Did the Marine thing, and came back and now live in Thibodaux.  My wife is from Bogalusa.  :drunk

Guest someoneurnot

nice man if from a little town called sicily island its about an hour south west of monroe

Guest someoneurnot

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go.  Well unfortunately i havent been to too many places lol.  Since my time in the Marines began I have been stationed in Pensacola florida, Cherry Point NC, and San Diego CA.  When i was in Cali i deployed on the USS Stennis where i saw Dubai 3X, singapore, and hong kong.  I wasnt a real fan of hong kong only because we had to take smaller boats to the mainland and the water there was NASTY.  All kinds of crap just floating there.  Now outside of the water was a different mater.  The culture was cool to see and there was some fun stuff to do.  I think im going to have to go with the common answer and say i would like to go to australia but not for the women( yes if im single when i do go then i will try) but ive decided that over the next few years i am going to get more involved into scuba diving and would like to dive on the great barrier reef.  I also would like to try and see roda spain and naples italy which i can do possibly in my next enlistment if i go Marine Security Forces.  I think those places would be gorgeous to see and the FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would help keep me nice and full(aka FAT).  In my high school days i have been to houston texas to the space center awesome as a kid when i wanted to be an astronaut lol, Cape Canavrial was also another cool place to visit and the best honestly place that i have been to in the US was Washington DC.  Wasnt a fan of the big crowds but there is SO MUCH history and knowledge there that its just an amazing place to see.  Definitely need a few weeks to truly see it all though and i would like to go there again some day.  Another place id like to visit IS New Orleans during Mardi Gras( yes AFTR) i lived in LA since i was 4 and never been down there so its on my to do list.

:lmao2  You aren't missing much.  When you live here and go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, you are like WTF!!  It's just waaaaay too crowded for my taste.  Been to N.O. twice on Mardi Gras.  That was plenty enough for me.

What is it with you Cherry Point Marines?  You guys go no where.  :lol  I'm just jealous.  My best friend that enlisted with me is at Cherry Point and he has been there since he started his career in '97 with me.  Meanwhile, in just my 6 yrs, I went to more places than him.  :lol  I can't believe you didn't get to go to Italy.  I remember when the Afghan war kicked off in '01, that's where he deployed to and worked on the planes and such over there.  Anyway, he certainly deployed more than me, which you have as well, but I sure got my butt permanently moved around more.  :lol

But, if you make it back down to New Orleans, let me know for sure.  We'll get all the DHO LA boys together and close down Bourbon.  :lol