Happy Fathers Day! ×
henry64

Craft beer heads.

I'm drinking a beer, that's not exactly "craft".  It's an ale from Blue Moon, but it's in their ""expressionist collection" which means they charge more.  Anyway, I got it because it says it's a mix between Saison and Flanders styles of ale.  I don't know what either of those are, so I bought it.  It's a rather spicy beer, without a lot of yeastiness.  It definitely has a pepper flavor in there (they call it white pepper, which I guess is better than purple?  I dunno).  It's pretty good.  That said, there are other beers that I prefer, and even if it wasn't a limited run brew, I wouldn't be buying it again.  I'd give it a 4 out of a 6 pack.

Also, I couldn't find any pictures online of the bottle, but it looks exactly like all these "short straw" beers that Blue Moon made, so it's probably the same thing with a different name.  Speaking of the name, I apparently forgot to put that in the previous paragraph.  They've decided to call it the Farmhouse Red.

I'm drinking a beer, that's not exactly "craft".  It's an ale from Blue Moon, but it's in their ""expressionist collection" which means they charge more.  Anyway, I got it because it says it's a mix between Saison and Flanders styles of ale.  I don't know what either of those are, so I bought it.  It's a rather spicy beer, without a lot of yeastiness.  It definitely has a pepper flavor in there (they call it white pepper, which I guess is better than purple?  I dunno).  It's pretty good.  That said, there are other beers that I prefer, and even if it wasn't a limited run brew, I wouldn't be buying it again.  I'd give it a 4 out of a 6 pack.

Also, I couldn't find any pictures online of the bottle, but it looks exactly like all these "short straw" beers that Blue Moon made, so it's probably the same thing with a different name.  Speaking of the name, I apparently forgot to put that in the previous paragraph.  They've decided to call it the Farmhouse Red.

I just had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a couple of days ago with a good burger. it was a nice combo. latley I've also been drinking Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddle, Diamond Beer Pale Ale, and Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat.

I picked up a 12 pack of this also after not enjoying their IPA like I usually do, guess I wanted something lighter for the summer... My brother brought down the Sam Adams summer sampler.  My lord! I don't know what I am going to have to drink to get that junk out of the fridge!!

a 12pk of what?  And I usually like those Sam Adams samplers.  Except for that cranberry beer they make.  That poop is horrible.

Favorite by far is Loose Cannon IPA, unfortunately it is from Baltimore and not available near me. So to solve this I decided to try home-brewing. Just brewed my first batch and next recipe is a Loose Cannon clone so if I can make it myself I will be happy. Love IPAs the most and have tried to sample different ones whenever we travel for my daughter's hockey. If you get to Franklin TN check out Cool Springs Brewery and try their Pecker Wrecker...that is a good one.

Love this....my brothernlaw came to me this year and wants to open his own micro brewery. He has already applied for his liquor and beer licenses to produce, his ultimate plan is to open a restaurant within the brewery. His biggest challange now is securing vast amounts of hop's.  Huge demand and companys are securing/buying crops at a 5 year purchase.

Do you use Untappd? Add me:  rbittel

I'm a Hop Head primarily, the more the Hops the better. I do also enjoy Porters and Stouts

Some of my favorites:

Road 2 Ruin Double IPA - Two Roads Brewing Company

Rye Of The Tiger IPA - Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Hop Nosh IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Dubhe Imperial Black IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Flower Power - Ithaca Beer Company

HopDevil - Victory Brewing Company

Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Edmund Fitzgerald - Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Raincloud - Foolproof Brewing Company

Ubu Ale -  Lake Placid Pub & Brewery