henry64

Craft beer heads.

I figured I would start a thread relating to craft beer drinking and brewing up in here. 

Tell us all about any type of interesting/delicious craft beers you enjoy and let us know.

I'll start will what I am drinking now. 

I am enjoying a nice Spaten Doppelbock called Optimator.  Not only is it great because the name sounds like a character from Transformers but it has a nice malty/caramel taste to it.

Share what you enjoy....

by far one my favorite brewers are Highland,Stone,Rogue. I also love a few local breweries (Blackhorse,Blackstone and Yazoo). Im getting ready to brew a Hef/IPA, should be interesting

Porters and stouts are my favorite types.

by far one my favorite brewers are Highland,Stone,Rogue. I also love a few local breweries (Blackhorse,Blackstone and Yazoo). Im getting ready to brew a Hef/IPA, should be interesting

Porters and stouts are my favorite types.

:2thumbs.  Another man not afraid of the dark (beers)!  My full handle would be DrinkMilkStout, but it didn't fit in several other forums/games I'm on, so I shortened it.  I always enjoy well done coffee, chocolate, oatmeal, bready tones in my beers.  Guinness is my default choice.  Liquid bread is also my friend, eg: Celebrator, Optimator, really anything with -ator at the end.  Nothing says spring to me like a good bock/boch, doppel, or triple.  Btw, Optimator says, "autobocks, roll out!"  :lol

I agree and think Rogue and Stone offer good brews.  I had my first Dead Guy about 8 years ago.  That's an ale not a corpse, by the way, in case BigD is reading this.  :lol.  I especially love the Morimoto selections paired with sushi dinners, even more so than Tsing Tao, Asahi, or Kirin.

I support local and state breweries as much as possible, so a shout out to the New Glarus, Tyrannena, Point, Lake Front, Capitol, Monroe, Port Washington, and Milwaukee Breweries.  Though under big guy ownership, Leinenkugel is still pretty good, too.

A few of us are on the Untappd app [ https://untappd.com ], posting whatever current brew we're enjoying for the group.  Join us.  Feel free to add me: Drinkmilk.

Btw, I didn't know Rogue made spirits, too. 0.o 

Sent from my iPad like a ninja turtle wielding Tapatalk.

my two newest additions to the palate

Rogue nation Brytal IPA

image%25255B2%25255D.png

Rogue Farms 7 Hop IPA

Rogue-7HopIPA.png

Those look tasty.  Hop bombs or mellow IPAs?

klatapaT gnisu enohPi ym morf tneS

Oh man. I live in the Seattle area, so it's like craft beer heaven. Between Washington and Oregon there are easily hundreds of small breweries pumping out awesome beer. A few of my favorites:

* Elysian

* Rogue

* Hopworks

* Ninkasi

* Harmon

* Black Raven

* Fremont

* Boundary Bay

* Georgetown

* Naked City

Less local, but still awesome:

* Southern Tier

* Stone

* Unibroue

* Wasatch

* Victory

* 21st Amendment

And so many more... Honestly, though, I really just like to go to one of the local shops that sells by the bottle and pick out like 4 or 5 things I've never tried before. I don't really have a favorite beer or style. What I drink varies quite a lot depending on the time of year, weather, what I'm doing, what I'm eating, etc. I've also done some home brewing, with mixed success. The last batch I did was a coffee stout, but it came out kind of weird. It fermented hard and fast, and I think it may have petered out a little early.

Samichlaus

Germany 14% ABV

Often touted as the king of Christmas beers, Samichlaus is brewed every year on December 6 and bottle aged for at least one year. Spicy notes mingle with raisins and toffee flavors that go down smoothly – with a bit of a bite to match the high ABV!

Here is a good beer to try.

I've heard of Sami but haven't seen it at my local store here in WI.  Might have to bribe my beer guy to see if he can find a bottle or two next year.  :lol

Yah, I've heard about not being able to swing a cat without hitting a brewery in Seattle.  I suppose there are worse things than trying decide which brewpub to go to on a weekend.  It's been a long time since I've had that problem.

klatapaT gnisu enohPi ym morf tneS

They only brew it at Xmas and there is a limited supply If you have a Total Wine store they carry it. Also if you are planning on making your own Beer (www.northerbrewer.com is a good supply shop.

Thanks for the tips.  Not sure we have Total Wine in WI, but I'll ask my wine loving neighbors.  Also, I'm not a brewer, but I know someone who is.  I'll pass the link on to him.

Sent from my iPad like a ninja turtle wielding Tapatalk.