Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Airbornebob: Dad in the Spotlight June 13th - June 17th

Alright guys, let's give it up for Airbornebob, who volunteered to be under the spotlight this week.  So let's jump right in and find out more about him.

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us:

About two months ago, before the WoT went public, I was playing and this guy kept posting about tanker Dads....at first I thought he was so lonely that he had to troll the comment sections looking for friends, then I realized it was Joey with his billboard for Dad's Hideout, the rest is history as they say.  I am a 50 year old father of two.  My son from a previous marriage is 18 and lives in Ohio, my daughter is 16 months old!  More about them later.  I have been gaming since about 1972 when I received my first war game, Avalon Hill's Panzer Blitz...I have been hooked ever since.  I also spend a lot of time playing Combat Mission along with WoT.  I spent 10 years in the Army with the 101st Airborne Division, and after I got out went into the restaurant business for 16 years.  I am now a stay at home Dad, and loving every minute of it!

OMG!!!  I laughed so hard I think I wet my pants. 

I was playing and this guy kept posting about tanker Dads....at first I thought he was so lonely that he had to troll the comment sections looking for friends, then I realized it was Joey with his billboard for Dad's Hideout

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2  Yup, that's Joey.

18 yrs old and 16 months.  :eek  I can't wait for that story.  Pretty interesting already.

Thanks for your service to the country and in the Airborne Division.  Good stuff.  Did you own your own restaurant or just work in one?

OMG!!!  I laughed so hard I think I wet my pants. 

I was playing and this guy kept posting about tanker Dads....at first I thought he was so lonely that he had to troll the comment sections looking for friends, then I realized it was Joey with his billboard for Dad's Hideout

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2  Yup, that's Joey.

:lmao2 Aftr beat me to this comment!! You were spot on with your gut feeling man.. Just kidding Joey  :lol

Cool write up can't wait to hear more.

Tuesday-Tell us about your family:

I was born a poor black child...oops wrong story!....I was actually born an Air Force brat, my dad serving as a navigator in the 60's and 70's.  I am the oldest of three, and the uncle now to 4 girls ages 22 years to 9 months...yes we tend to get a late start in my family.  I have been married 3 times!  The first one was for lust, while I was in the Army, and only lasted about 5 years.  It ended on good terms and with no children.  My second was on the rebound from #1.....wrong answer!  It was a long and tedious 8 year marriage that ended quite messy, and with me paying a lot of child support for the one child we had, Alex.... ($1,000 per month plus $500 in alimony!!!! :eek)  Number 3 is the real thing!  I met her while working as a restaurant manager, she was one of my waitresses. 

OK, I will now open the floor for dirty old man jokes, because she was 19 and I was 41 at the time.  She was in the National Guard at the time and headed to Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio for training.  We established a relationship through the mail (yes snail mail) and we soon fell in love.  We got married 2 years later at my parents place in Norfolk VA, in the shadow of the USS Wisconsin, quite literally the largest shotgun wedding on record.(Also it was the same day the USS Ronald Regan was launched).  We tried for 5 years to have children, with no luck, and doctors told us that it would be a long shot.  God blessed us though, because soon after that we finally did get pregnant, and on Feb 3, 2010 our little girl was born: Giada Hope DelGiorno.  :excited

This last month was very historic for me because my son, Alex,  has turned 18 and graduated from high school, which means NO MORE CHILD SUPPORT!!!!!  Our relationship is not so good, but its not for me not trying, since he is 18 I feel its up to him, so I am holding back from pushing anything with him :banghead.  So that's my family, the typical guy next door for sure!

Hey Bob, that is quite the story.  Wow!  You absolutely are a dirty old man, and my new role model as well.  :lol  Congrats on your baby girl, that is incredible.

An 80 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling.

"I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season. But one day went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun." The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle."

"And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No."

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor.

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

But congrats on finding your one true love and a good wife.  Third times the charm, right?  And you certainly could have learned your lesson from the past ones.  And a big congrats on not paying any more child support.  Holy crap!  How did you ever manage?  That is crazy.  Well, hopefully, as he gets older and more mature, he is going to learn how people tend to curve the stories in their favor so they always are the victim and in the right.  But you are right, that is his decision to make, and if you push it, you will automatically be in the wrong.