Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

familyofsyn: Dad in the Spotlight June 6th - 10th

Alright guys, let's welcome Joe (familyofsyn) to the spotlight.  He doesn't talk much, so he needs all the encouragement we can give him.  Let's hear what the second craziest (Rain is first) person in Canada has to say for himself. Thanks for stepping up for this.  I'm sorry I didn't get this up till late Monday, I forgot again.  But you didn't log in today anyway, so I guess I got a free pass for that one.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

well asw pointed out my name is joe, and i am canadian but unlike that molson (us) beer company spokesperson im not a sellout. im a native american indian, but whitier then the late MJ. i was brought to the site by rain, who after several xbox party chats and games of borderlands convinced me too join the site. since then ive made good friends with several of the dads on here... so yeah looking foreword to the rest of the week

Yeah Joe - Great write up buddy.  I knew we could get you to post more than just once a day!

:lmao2 :lmao2 Good stuff man, Ready for more ! Rain brought me too, but I don't brag about that !!!  :lmao2 :lmao2 Sorry Rain !!

tuesdays here time to talk about my family. well i wont go into massive detail here as most of it confuses me at times, my main family in my house is my wife micah(first nations) and myself both 27 years old and old highschool sweethearts. we were married 1 week to the day after are almost 2 year old daughter was born in the local coffee shop where she and i had begun dating again on the hottest day of the year... my mother and father are devorced and i grew up with my mothers adopted family, for you see like many native children who were placed in the governments care. they were noot only taken from the home community and seperated from other siblings but also shipped across the country, she my mother was prevented from speaking her native language and litterally had her culture beaten out of her to turn her ''white & civilized'' now dont take this as im a radical indian out for blood, i grew up white and have in the last 15 years tried to become native but unlike my daughter im not of this local native nation so no matter how strongly i advocate my heritage i will always be an outsider and thanks to my dads genes unless i pull a status card im labled a wannabe, my wives family is part of the local nation but both parents were born of a splinter group in texas and both of those parents were products of residental schools. now i know alot of this is heavy and may seem unneeded but to say ours is a strait indian family living along a traditional path doesnt explain much

Never unneeded ! Your life story with the little I've heard is book worthy ! Amazing stuff man, thanks for sharing ! My bosses wife is American Indian (I forget which tribe, sorry) and her grandmother has story's that are amazing as yours, and quite sad at times too !! but again thanks !! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4

Wait, your daughter was born in a coffee shop? 

That is some pretty crazy stuff Joe.  Can't change what has happened though, only move on.  I know you have it very hard, but it has made you are what you are today, and you are a great person.  I mean that Joe.  Keep rocking it bro.

afterthought you  :asshat

lol no she wasn't born in the coffee shop we had to drive 4hrs to the nearest major city because all the qualified doctors were on vacation .. best part was that it was the second hottest day of summer, and the car not only didn't have AC but stalled out several times due to over heating. yeah my wife was pissed but not at me lucky enough. more so at everyone else who kept on driving past and not offering help to a pregnant woman in distress