Flyingfish

What are you currently reading?

Picked this up yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/Console-Wars-Nintendo-Defined-Generation/dp/0062276700/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1440618129&sr=8-1

I'm not much for reading, as I'd rather vegetate in front of a TV/PC, but this has been a great read so far. Got to chapter 5 and ended for the evening. If you were a fan of these systems as a kid, you should give it a look!

I just finished Ready Player One.  It was really good. 

I just purchased that from Google Play.

I can finally participate in this thread. :) I normally don't read... ANYTHING... not event my emails. I'm a straight skimmer. I started reading Ender's Game so I can watch the movie. I'm pretty engrossed in it and wished there weren't more books. I want it to wrap up like a Christmas tie.

I also bought the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I thought it was a great movie.

I just purchased that from Google Play.

I can finally participate in this thread. :) I normally don't read... ANYTHING... not event my emails. I'm a straight skimmer. I started reading Ender's Game so I can watch the movie. I'm pretty engrossed in it and wished there weren't more books. I want it to wrap up like a Christmas tie.

I also bought the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I thought it was a great movie.

Enders game is good. He goes off the deep end with the follow up books.

A great book and an absolute must read for anyone is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I can't stress it enough.

Enders game was good. Its Xenocide I'm having trouble getting through lol

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Most people I know have a hard time getting through Speaker for the Dead after loving Enders.

I loved the whole series and I think Xenocide may have been one of my favorites. Definitely different kind of stories though.

Enders game is good. He goes off the deep end with the follow up books.

A great book and an absolute must read for anyone is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I can't stress it enough.

I just finish RE-reading Name of the Wind and started a reread of Wise Mans Fear. I have enjoyed them immensely but I worry about when he'll release the third book and if will tie up everything, or just the past. Then we'll have to wait for a new trilogy for the present day or something.

I'm also reading: life changing magic of tidying up, the depression cure, Cisco ISE for BYOD, Smart Money Smart Kids, and at least two things to my kids.

After I finish rereading Wise Mans Fear I may reread the Way of the Peaceful Warrior books by Dan Millman. The first and third anyways.

I just finish RE-reading Name of the Wind and started a reread of Wise Mans Fear. I have enjoyed them immensely but I worry about when he'll release the third book and if will tie up everything, or just the past. Then we'll have to wait for a new trilogy for the present day or something.

I'm also reading: life changing magic of tidying up, the depression cure, Cisco ISE for BYOD, Smart Money Smart Kids, and at least two things to my kids.

After I finish rereading Wise Mans Fear I may reread the Way of the Peaceful Warrior books by Dan Millman. The first and third anyways.

The one positive with that series is that it is finished.  He turned in the complete series when he got his book deal.  He is a perfectionist.  The series was finished 10 years ago.  He's now in the editing stage.

We have similar interests in books it seems.

I have been on a fantasy kick lately.  The First Law Trilogy is good.  The Bloody Nine is a great character, one of the best.  I really enjoy Brandon Sanderson.  I like the Assassins apprentice series.  I read both of those.  She has a 3rd series out with Fitz and the Fool that I haven't started.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown is very good.  The last book in that series comes out soon.

The one positive with that series is that it is finished.  He turned in the complete series when he got his book deal.  He is a perfectionist.  The series was finished 10 years ago.  He's now in the editing stage.

Yeah. Patrick Rothfuss is talented and his blog is even a great read. Although he has said that in the process of turning his 10 years of work into being published things have changed enough to mean he is "rewriting" a little bit along the way. But yes, hopefully this means he is just going over his original plan and tweaking it. I sure hope he doesn't turn into another Martin. I love the Song of Ice and Fire books and I understand Martin taking a long time, but it still sucks to have 5+ years between books.

Hahaha...

I'll have to check out some of those other series you mentioned.

Yeah. Patrick Rothfuss is talented and his blog is even a great read. Although he has said that in the process of turning his 10 years of work into being published things have changed enough to mean he is "rewriting" a little bit along the way. But yes, hopefully this means he is just going over his original plan and tweaking it. I sure hope he doesn't turn into another Martin. I love the Song of Ice and Fire books and I understand Martin taking a long time, but it still sucks to have 5+ years between books.

Hahaha...

I'll have to check out some of those other series you mentioned.

It seemed to me that Martin lost interest in the series.  The first 3 book were fantastic, like all time great fantastic, after that it went down hill.  I am still patiently awaiting Winds Of Winter.