Flyingfish

What are you currently reading?

I used to read myself to sleep on a regular basis when I was single, missed it when I was married. Now I've got a Kindle set to low-light and the wife is okay with me reading in bed after lights-out now, so yay me.

I recently read the graphic novel/comics "Invincible: the Ultimate Collection volume 1", a gift from a daughter.

Before that, on a good dad-tip, I read "The Ill-Made Knight" by Christian Cameron, which was amazing. I couldn't tell if it was fiction or historical fiction or what, it was like the author was actually there in medieval Europe, and inside the head of his main character.

I've probably already mentioned it in this thread, but it also so happens that I'm re-reading "The Orb" series by our very own @Hepius This is very good fantasy. I'm on book 3 again because there's a very strong rumor going around that book 4 will be out soon... His fantasy world IS fantasy, but yet it's based in a realistic medieval-based world. It's great how the magic systems and creatures blend in believably. He also has a focus on combat (melee/battle/siege) that I like.

48 minutes ago, Mykk said:

I've probably already mentioned it in this thread, but it also so happens that I'm re-reading "The Orb" series by our very own Hepius

This is the first I've heard about it (admittedly, I haven't visited the forums in close to a year)... Where can we get it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mykk said:

I used to read myself to sleep on a regular basis when I was single, missed it when I was married. Now I've got a Kindle set to low-light and the wife is okay with me reading in bed after lights-out now, so yay me.

I recently read the graphic novel/comics "Invincible: the Ultimate Collection volume 1", a gift from a daughter.

Before that, on a good dad-tip, I read "The Ill-Made Knight" by Christian Cameron, which was amazing. I couldn't tell if it was fiction or historical fiction or what, it was like the author was actually there in medieval Europe, and inside the head of his main character.

I've probably already mentioned it in this thread, but it also so happens that I'm re-reading "The Orb" series by our very own @Hepius This is very good fantasy. I'm on book 3 again because there's a very strong rumor going around that book 4 will be out soon... His fantasy world IS fantasy, but yet it's based in a realistic medieval-based world. It's great how the magic systems and creatures blend in believably. He also has a focus on combat (melee/battle/siege) that I like.

I remember looking that up before when mentioned somewhere in the forums. I've hardly picked up my books that I've been reading in a while. I really need to set sometime aside to get through them.

Once I'm caught up, I'm really quite interested in reading this series. I always enjoy a good fantasy read.

Almost done with volume one of the three volume biography of Winston Churchill that I own. Yeah, that's how I roll. 

His family's surname was actually Spencer-Churchill. 

battlefield earth...yes the same book that the movie industry destroyed, mangled, made a joke of

Started Metro 2033 last night.  Found an English translation PDF  that converted to google books fairly well.