Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Synful: Dad in the Spotlight May 30th - June 4th

Alright Synful.  Tell us all about you this week and thanks for stepping up to the sacrifice altar.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Guest Synful

Alright Synful.  Tell us all about you this week and thanks for stepping up to the sacrifice altar.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Monday;How I Found DHO:

Myself,Hhhmm,was born in Baltimore Maryland and moved back to West Virginia when i was still a toddler,My father's side of the family is from there for generation's,where i grew up.Went thru school and decided i wanted to see some of the world,so a friend of mine jokingly challenged me to try going into the Marine Corp's.

And,after checking them out i took his challenge,made it thru boot coming out as a E-2,spent my three year's in the mis-guided children's club,managing to make it to the Rock.My primary MOS was a CommCenterOp,basiclly,a mind-numbing day spent receiving,deciphering,reading and forwarding in-coming and out-going message's. After doing this for a little over a year,i needed a break and applied and was granted a transfer into a Bulk Fuel Company.Not the most glorious job,but it got me outside and in the mud,i was a happy camper!

After serving my tour i made my way to florida and then moved to Colorado,where i returned to doing construction work,mainly roofing,where i remained for about 10 or 11 year's.After the big oil bust i came back home for awhile to be around family.Got an invitation to go to Michigan to help out a friend,and liked it so much i decided to stay.Met my first wife there,which turned out to be a big mistake that truthfully,glad didn't last long.After a few year's i met my current wife,a great lady who put's up with my odd-ball antic's and accept's me for me,so,my life is content on that front,we've been together now for 13 year's and still not getting tired of her,so,it's all good.She has 2 kid's from a previous marriage,that look to me as thier father,and i look at them in the same light.Mike,who's just hit the big 20 and out on his own,and Samantha,who just hit the big 19,still live's at home,and a definate daddy's girl! I spoiled her rotten back when she was younger,now it's bittin me in the bum,lol,but we're very proud of both of them,there not perfect by any mean's,but what kid is?

About 7 year's ago,we decided we had had enough of the cold weather and picked up and moved down to florida,Her side of the family,a large part of it,is down here.After being down here for a year,i decided it was time to hang up my construction belt,I'd been roofing over 22 year's by now,and the heat added to the work it's self was kickin my bum,i decided to get into metal plating which i'd dablled in before.Thing's went great for about 4-5 year's,when last April of 10,i injured my neck,compacted 4 disk's which in turn pinched a nerve,and have been dealing with that since then.I need surgery but due to running into some complication's,that's out as of right now until i get the other issue resolved.

So,this leave's how i ended up here with you buncha nut-job's!I've alway's been a gamer,started way back on the commador  and the old atari system's,i remember my first game was Ultima 4 on a old home built pc.Well,having so much time on my hand's i really got into gaming on the xbox,well,i was bad before,lol,but i had met some guy's at another website and we formed a little group called the Coffin Dodger's,that's where i meet up with Brad,Spidey (Tarantula) and some other good guy's.Well,after awhile the group kinda broke up,aa few of us stayed together and still gamed together,and Brad started talking about this place called dads hideout.I'm like" WTF's he talking about?" and decided to come check it out.I lurked about for about 2 week's before deciding to go ahead and register,and the rest is still on-going.

Hopefully,this didn't bore you guy's to bad,but,That's My Life.  Peace.

Nice write up Syn and you are a much better man than I am... If a friend challenged ME to join the marine corps I would laugh in his face. 

moved back to West Virginia when i was still a toddler,My father's side of the family is from there for generation's,where i grew up.

Must...resist.. telling.. West... Virginia... incest... jokes..  :lmao2

Guest Synful

Nice write up Syn and you are a much better man than I am... If a friend challenged ME to join the marine corps I would laugh in his face. 

moved back to West Virginia when i was still a toddler,My father's side of the family is from there for generation's,where i grew up.

Ppsstt,know the hillbilly meaning of virgin?

Ans: a 12 year old that can out run her brother!

Ppsstt,know the hillbilly meaning of virgin?

Ans: a 12 year old that can out run her brother!

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

Great First Post !!!!

:lmao2  I like the West Virginian joke.  You can always tell a good person when they can joke about where they are from and/or what they do.  Got a good sense of humor. 

Uh-Rah, Syn.  Didn't even know you were a former Marine.  Great job bro.  My friend talked to me about joining, but we went in together.  At least my friend went through it with me, together.  :lol

Really sorry to hear about your neck.  That is brutal.  Can't even begin to imagine what that is like, but I am wishing you all the best and hope everything turns out good. 

So from Detroit to Florida.  Yeah, that sounds like a good move to me too.  :lol  I hate the snow. 

Congrats as well on your kids.  It sounds like, yes, you spoiled your daughter, but they both turned out amazing and I'm sure you are really proud of them.  Nice job stepping up and raising them.  Awesome dad story.

I'm really glad Brad talked enough about the site to get you over here and you signed up.  Glad you continued to come back and check it out as well.  Really appreciate all you do, and are doing, with the World of Tanks and everything.  That's a lot of work and we appreciate all you are doing.  Thanks so much for that.

Guest Synful

Thank's for the response thus far,i know it's not electrifing but i'm pretty happy with the way thing's worked out.

As far as the little thing's i do here and with WoT's,i keep myself occupied,and i enjoy the community we have here,that's what kept me coming back enough to make me sign up and give my time to hopefully,pass something on to other's that they might find helpful in some way.

And one small thought i have that keep's buzzing thru my head my old Di said once when i was going thru basic,Once a Marine,Alway's a Marine! Sempre Fi!  :dht