Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Pinmonkey001: Dad in the Spotlight May 23rd - May 27th

Awesome write up Pin and happy anniversary!! What do you have special for your SO.

[iRain 3G]

unfortunatly... nothing.  I totally forgot about until this morning. lol Thank you Facebook for reminding me!

:lol send one of those virtual Facebook gifts to your wife. Hope that will help ease your soon to be suffering-I-forgot-to-get-my-wife-something-on-our-anniversary torture. :lmao2 but I must say Facebook is the bomb for reminders FTW!

[iRain 3G]

It will make it look bigger haha!

Sent from my LG Apex using Tapatalk

That's why midget hookers rule!  :lol

Great job Mark.  Really cool story about your daughter.  That is pretty crazy to think what could've happened.  Congrats on the anniversary bro.  Well done.  Really glad you are here.  :dadshideout

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Currently I am trying to figure out how to be the Quality Manager and Safety Coordinator for a packaging company.  I had some quality experiance but never "manager" experiance.  I'm charged with implimenting and maintaining an ISO9000 type of system here.  Currently I'm trying to get people to do quality checks on the floor and it's an uphill battle.  I also am charged with lowering our accident rate here.  We have a wood shop with lots of saws and air hammers and in that industry the accident rate is pretty high.  We also have a corrugated division (all the boxes I could use FTW), and we do some distribution stuff... air packs, foam peanuts and stuff.  Now on the Safety side I knew next to nothing about OSHA regulations and expectations, but I'm learning pretty quickly.

I come from an IT background so I'm also helping out with the computer stuff here.  The people are great, and there's always food, donuts, fresh rolls, cakes... I swear I've gained at least 10 lbs since being in this office.  My pants are starting to get tight around the middle. lol

As for hobbies, mostly gaming.  Though I like to watch sports also.  Sabres, Bills, and other Buffalo teams.  I'm gradually becoming a gymnastics dad.  (much better than a soccer dad... I hate succer.)  I like to cook, but don't do it as often anymore.  I'm also a part time jungle gym for my daughter and scratching post for the cat.  If I had more time and money I'd love to get into racing gas powered RC trucks and cars, and I'd love to expand on my limited juggling skills.