Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Pinmonkey001: Dad in the Spotlight May 23rd - May 27th

Alright everyone, let's welcome one of the global mods here at Dad's Hideout, Pinmonkey, to the Dad in the Spotlight.  Thanks for setting that example and exposing yourself.  Hope you still keep some of your dad friends after this week.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

My name is Mark. I'm in the Buffalo, NY area.  Big fan of the Sabres and Bills and the rest of the local pro and minor sports to a lesser extent.  I'm 38 years old. One day a few years ago I was parusing the Parenting section of the Xbox Live boards when I came across a post from Joey791 saying gamer dads should check a forum he was a member of.  Well I did and met a great many people.  One of my first great memories of the board is staying up almost all night one saturday before Father's day playing the coop campaign with Aftrthough051.  We almost finished it that night.  Before I knew it it was 5:30 in the morning, and my wife and kid had fallen asleep in the living room.  Later that father's day I took my kid to get her first "big girl bed".  Anyway I've been e-friends with these guys for a few years now, and when we made a break from the old board to DHO I was asked to come along.  Of course I did, and here I am.

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Well this couldn't come at a more syncronistic day.  Today happens to be my 8th Anniversary of being married to the gal I've known and dated for over 19 years.  (Don't let my wife know.)  HA!  Also it's the 8th anniversary of my grandfather's death.  Yup, he died on my wedding day.  He'd been sick for a while.  I watched him waste away in hospic care from lung cancer for a couple of months...

Anyway, we have one beautiful little brat girl who is 4 going on 10 I think.  She's about to graduate from preschool in a couple of weeks.  We have one cat who coincidentally is named Joey (Short for Jophish... or when he's a mobster Joey Tuna).  As some may remember at one point we had 6 birds.  2 Budgies and 4 loud as hell shut the hell up already cockatiels.  We are probably done having kids as my wife is 40 and we had a helluvatime trying for Autumn.  She went through fertility treatments, daily blood tests, shots, (lots and lots of sex  :2thumbs) and then on Thanksgiving of '05 found out our last try with the fetility treatments didn't work.  So we gave up.  Then on Feb 10th of '06 my wife called me at work to inform me she was pregnant.  That left me speachless for about a minute.  The wife wondered if I hung up the phone.  Somehow right away I knew it was going to be a girl, and I knew we were going to name her Autumn.  (Good thing she was born in the fall.)  She was due on October 13th (a friday the 13th) but decided to come 2 weeks early.  That turned out to be a great thing because on October 13th the Buffalo area got a surprise snow/ice storm that knocked out power to half the area for 2 weeks.  It knocked down tree limbs and left many towns impassable.  Fortunatlly we were not in the area affected, but the hospital she was born in was. 

So there's my story about my family, and that's all I've got to say about that.