Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickali28

Bandwidth across the United States

Guest Nickali28

For those of you seeking to move to another location.  If bandwidth is vital then take a look at this map before moving. 

For those of you in these areas thinking you are getting hosed on your speeds perhaps this will make you feel better/worse/indifferent. 

I'm in one of those "dark red" areas that you don't want to be in.  (Arkansas)  Infrastructure is probably 20 or 30 years behind in my area as are most of the dark red areas. 

I know some of you have read my ISP debacle a while back.  Looks like I at least have some company.  :happyyes:lol

Source

[attach=1]

Granted, it's all a numbers game and it is skewed by most of the data coming from a website that is basing it's findings on people that took the time to see what their d/l speed actually is.  I doubt this is what is available or actually a true average of what corporate sites and residential sites have as well.  Variance or no variance, it's still interesting.

I know that is an average, but i dont think it's all that accurate. The most prominent ISP in my area (St. Tammany parish Louisiana) is Charter cable. The minimum speed they offer here is 30Mb download (I actually get a measured 50Mb on their 30Mb service) and this area is listed as 13-18Mb area. Also, the closer you get to metro areas the better off you'll be. I am just outside of New Orleans for instance.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way honestly. both ISP's here, TWC and Grande Communications) in the Corpus Christi area (south texas) start out at 24mb and one of them even offers 110mb

So even if that shows an average, it's way off.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way honestly. both ISP's here, TWC and Grande Communications) in the Corpus Christi area (south texas) start out at 24mb and one of them even offers 110mb

So even if that shows an average, it's way off.

I also live in south Texas. 2 hours away from Corpus.

2 hours in which direction? :lol  The big cities are 2 hours north or south.

Cool, only been down there once.

About 7 or 8 years ago. Wife and I took my oldest to the zoo in Brownsville

20 minutes from NYC..

I have the cheapest slowest internet over cable you can buy. OPTIMUM.

Branded as 30down/15Up is $29.99 for the first year then they bump it to $39.99 unless you call and complain.

2959278586.png

They still have that direcTV over the phone crap and verizon still offers dsl,

The FIOS infrastructure here is plentiful and there cheapest/slowest package get 50down/25up is $49.99