Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

DHO Podcast Casting Call

We are gauging interest and gathering a list of volunteers for future podcast guests.  Want to join in on the fun?  Here's what we're looking for:

- You must have Skype.  It's free, easy to use, and if you plan on getting an XBOne you will want to get an account anyway.  For tankers, if you can use Vent, you can handle Skype. HERE is the DHO Skype contact thread if you want to add others and/or try it out.

- A decent mic and recording "zone."  We aren't audiophiles by any means, but the more you can hear and be heard, the better for everyone.

- Listen to one (or more) of the existing episodes.  This will give you an idea of what the podcast is about (being a dad), and what to expect for structure and flow.

- Bring your filter.  We aim for a PG rating, or safe for kid/work/significant others, etc.  Though accidents happen (mostly by MagmaFlow), and we can edit most stuff in post-production, it's easier on editing (me) if we just keep it fairly clean to start.

- Be available.  We currently record every other Friday night, starting around 10 PM ET, 9 CT, etc.  Typical recordings have taken about 2 hours from start to finish, so please try to block out your schedule accordingly.  We might also be able to adjust the recording day/time if something comes up and we have enough notice and availability, but then again we might not be able to.

- Have a dad story.  Sure, we all like the video games, sports, and funny pics here on the site, but we are also all dads.  That is what brought us here together  This is a dad podcast, so be prepared to talk about dad stuff.

That's pretty much it.  Leave a response below if you are interested and we will try to get everyone on who wants to be at one point or another.  :2thumbs]]

Hey Ruiner, how about who we'd like to hear from ?? just a thought ?

I'd like to hear from Joey, Bradt, Rain (Filtered needed), and a bunch others !! just thinking out loud ?? not sure how to go about it, but if someone saw that they were wanted to do this maybe they'd take more interest ?? again, thinking out loud !

I'd like to hear from Joey, Bradt, Rain (Filtered needed), and a bunch others !! just thinking out loud ?? not sure how to go about it, but if someone saw that they were wanted to do this maybe they'd take more interest ?? again, thinking out loud !

Pffft....You have no power here!

lol

That's not a bad idea, though. It all depends on people's willingness and schedules.

What filter? Pitts you didnt complain last night on the phone, you loved the unfiltered talk bow chicka bow wow :lol

Yeah I vote Pitts! Everyone here in DHO would agree hands down on that shiz!! :lol

Pffft....You have no power here!

lol

That's not a bad idea, though. It all depends on people's willingness and schedules.

What Magma said. Trust me, we want to include everyone at one point or another, but its not a small commitment as far as time, or willingness to provide personal info/insight.  Not everyone is as comfortable with speaking or being recorded and posted to iTunes, google play, etc. as they are typing their thoughts here on a semi-private forum.

We need participants to be there because they want to be and have something they want to share, not because they feel pressured and/or uncomfortable. I think Aftr has been talking to Joey about coming on, but life hasn't allowed the time lately. We've also talked about luring Rain on for a bacon episode, but we're not sure if international laws allow Canadians to podcast with Americans.

Rather than make a new thread (there is already the one for suggestions of what you want to hear) I would say reach out to that person directly and encourage them to show interest here instead. That way there is no pressure or being called out.

I d be game to participate in the future.  Still kinda a FNG around here, don t say a lot on vent but,  I can un mute too. 

Yeah I've been wanting to get in on it but work has not allowed me too.