Sign in to follow this  
xxDerPittsxx

What would you like to hear on DHO's Podcast ?

Guest otoha0309

I was thinking maybe something a little less serious lol. like a pg comedy segment. like 'moments of dadhood' have a guy make a couple good dad related jokes or tell an interesting and funny fatherhood story

well one thing i think should be done is more on the technical standpoint. having it in a dropbox to be downloaded from a link is not the best way to get it out there. so people can view it like i have below. i had to make the info myself and google a good dho icon for it so it can go in with my other friends podcast...which you should check out lol.(the audiofiles)

we need to use something like http://www.podomatic.com/ to get it to peoples itunes automatically and not having to download it from dadshideout. because i'm sure others are not as anal retentive about their itunes...so we have to do it for them. and about naming the podcast...there is nothing much it can be called other than dadshideout.com podcast....without being vague and misinterpreted. need to keep it simple and to the point...like how i have it with the description and all. it needs to be as simple and easy to understand. so everyone knows exactly what is going on before they even listen to it. so we get dads to the site.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I was thinking maybe something a little less serious lol. like a pg comedy segment. like 'moments of dadhood' have a guy make a couple good dad related jokes or tell an interesting and funny fatherhood story

Yep, this is how we plan to start each episode, sharing dad experiences, questions, etc. We didn't much in the first one because we had to do introductions and there was a LOT of game stuff to discuss due to E3.

Future shows will likely be more dad focused, as we are a dads first, and gamers second, just as this is a dads site first. Sure, we will still talk about games, movies, tv, music and all the other things that are talked about here on the site, but only as they are relevant to what's going on at the time.  There are already a ton of other (better) gaming, movie, tv, etc. focused podcasts out there, and we can't realistically compete with them at that level, and we don't want to.

For the managing time to play games piece, that is a great topic to discuss that we will definitely include on a future show, but I'm not sure how it would work for a regular or repeating segment. We'll see how it plays out though.  :smile2

Keep the ideas coming!  :2thumbs

Like what franchises should stay and what should get axed?

Yeah I guess...could be a single game but probably just a series in general that's been played out and you'd love to leave behind or one that could really benefit from a next gen system.  Could create interesting banter/debate...I'm sure everyone can agree to axe Gears.  :lol