Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

FergatROn Dad in the Spotlight Apr 18th - 22nd

Alright dads, let's welcome FergatROn to the spotlight for this week.  Thanks for stepping up and help us get to know the luckiest s.o.b. to ever play Full House Poker.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

...the luckiest s.o.b...

Hey!? I resemble that remark! Zing! :mangoo Ok; I've inserted my dry joke of the day. My quota, like my bladder, is full!

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Sorry about being a day late, I know how punctual you guys are. :blink2 I'm going to post Monday's verse now and post Tuesday's sermon after 1:00 PM EST (the best timezone in the world!)

I'm a 31-year old father of three and husband to one. I don't know why I refer to my wife as The Wife, but I do on all my social media platforms. I've been married for roughly eight years, I think, in November. The Wife is French Canadian and I was born in Jamaica. I left when I was six so I'm pretty much Jamarican at this point. We currently live in Fairburn, GA but we met in South Florida. I've been there most of my life. We didn't know each other, but went to the same high school. I met her about a week after my graduation (June 10, 1997) at a friends graduation party. It was love at first sight (sort of), but I knew she was different from the rest of the girls and I've been in love with her ever since.

So; I knocked her up... what other sensible thing could I have done!? :lol And we have three beautiful children: Alexander, Leeanne, and Monica. Oddly enough my wife plans EVERYTHING, she's always running 50 hypothetical scenarios in her head so through casual conversation over the years of us courting we had names of the our first four kids (Alexander, Nathan, Leeanne, Monica). I got a vasectomy so we're not having a fourth, but coming up with names while she was pregnant was already taken care of.

As for me; I'm a Linux/Star Wars nerd :bananarock. I'm running Fedora at home, dual-booted with Windows 7 (for games) and I've got the all six Star Wars DVDs in crisp condition. I pull them out from time-to-time to indoctrinate my son. He's big into Clone Troopers, but things got really messy in Episode III when the love-struck-power-hungry Anakin turned to the dark side and started slaying younglings! :headbang ... Oddly enough I relate more to The Sith than to the Jedi.

As for hooking up with you winners... I think I posted something on the Family forum on forums.xbox.com. I was complaining about the calendar and how bare it was. It must have been related to Full House Poker, I'm not well versed in all things Xbox since before this I was a Playstation fanboy. So; when I started b-u-y-i-n-g (hurts to type it) things I saw how connected the Xbox network is and wondered why the calendar for Full House Poker wasn't on the community calendar thingy.

So; I surfed the family forum and saw a post or a reply from Joey about something... I don't even remember, but he encouraged me to come to this site and sign up. I think I posted in another thread that I was TOTALLY skeptical at first. I thought this was a LAME concept... uh "gamer dads"... that is so :limpwrist! In the spirit of adventure I signed up and I must have laughed out loud on just about every other thread I read. Once I started participating and interacting with you guys through the threads I knew I was wrong about DHO and now I'm a DHO-fanboy! :excited Go figure!

Skeptical.  You non believer.  The Force is not strong in this one.  LMAO nice write up bro.  Great to have you here.  Congrats on the kids and marriage to The Wife.  LOL

Sent from my Win7 phone using Board Express

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Damnit, I always end up telling more than I should. Now that I'm on this subject I need to figure out what I didn't say in my previous post. :mangoo

Well; as you all know I'm married to a French Canadian chick named The Wife. We work great as a team, but we are total opposites. Which is the catalyst for a lot of arguments early on in our marriage. But when it counts we gel well together. I'm a community kind of guy she's smart and loyal; she's taken my name and now we're building the Ferguson empire! It will be glorious in all its... ah... glory! :sid We've been married for roughly 8 years. It's been one crazy roller coaster ride, but well worth it. I wouldn't be the mature person I am today [Yes hon, I wrote "mature"] without having a serious relationship with The Wife. We both have Caribbean backgrounds so it's mostly old school. We're in it to win it! It's corny, but it's our motto for this marriage.

My kids are tiny-little-people; there's Alexander (5 years old), Leeanne (4 years old), and Monica (2 years old). Monica is a copycat of EVERYTHING her siblings do. Alex is a whiny crybaby so we mock him in public fashion, flog him in private in order to build his character. Note-to-self... it's not working. Leeanne is a ballerina-type chick so she loves her pink and dancing and messin' with her brother. OMG does she mess with her brother. They constantly bicker back and forth over the simplest things. Alex wants to be an inventor like Tony Stark whenever he grows up, so we're working on him being the first to create an exo-skeleton suit for the military. :robot

Alex is a big Halo fan so he loves it when I play Halo Reach. The kids like watching me play Full House Poker. They'll get their makeshift cards and play along. They will even stand in their chair hootin' and hollerin' like the avatars. It's a great sight to see.

So; that's my family in a nutshell. They test my patience, I have a love/annoyance relationship with them, but I couldn't live a full and rich life without 'em. :drunk