Sign in to follow this  
Formerclient aka Ray

I hated minecraft why? Ignorance it looked cheap blocks 16 bits but I was wrong play the demo and was hooked so now the thing is I picked a big mountain to be my home if anyone could give me some tip on what I should look for or how to get stuff I would appreciate it as of now I'm stuck in my cave at nite the creeper comes and I run the spider comes and I run so on and so fourth

Turn off monsters until you build a castle and make some weapons and armor. Then you can turn them back on if you are so inclined.

Well, Obsidian won't blow up.  :lol  I guess it really depends on what you want to do.  If you want to play the game in survival mode then you punch wood and make a wooden axe.  Then chop down a crap ton of trees and build a house with a door to hide in at night.  use some of that wood to make a wooden pick axe.  Take that pick and get 9 cobble stone to make a furnace.  Plug some more wood in the both squares of the furnace to make charcoal.  Take the charcoal and some sticks (from the wood) and make some torches to light your temporary house so monsters don't spawn in there.  If you're able to punch some sheep to get some 3 wool and with that and some wood make a bed, so you don't have to huddle in terror in your house all night.  From there you gotta get your mine on.  Get some more cobble stone and some more wood.  Build a stone pick axe or a dozen... you'll use them.  Dig a stair stepped hole all the way to bed rock.  Then dig a 4x4 hole perpendicular to that first hole running both ways from it.  Then every two blocks along that central mineshaft dig holes to find things like iron ore, gold ore, red stone, coal, flint and diamonds.  Smelt he ore in furnaces to make tools, armor and weapons.  Then when you have some supplies build a better house.  :lol  Remember to kill some chickens and cows to get meat to eat (cook it in a furnace too).  You can grow wheat and stuff as well to make food. 

Or you can play creative mode and say F-THAT! and be immortal, have unlimited blocks and build whatever you want wherever you want. :lol 

Ugh you guys and your wimpy peaceful, Go all out on the warpath and kill everything that moves!!!! Then again I am ranked in the 2k's for normal mode on nearly everything.

[quote name="Delta_Ice" post="278475" timestamp="1369193319"]
Ugh you guys and your wimpy peaceful, Go all out on the warpath and kill everything that moves!!!! Then again I am ranked in the 2k's for normal mode on nearly everything.
[/quote]

Oh right I forgot the Delta method.  Don't bother mining, creating torches, swords or axes.  If you see something that moves punch it til it dies :lmao2

:lmao2 Delta method... you can always build traps as well. Build a home under water, takes a lot of glass though, and use a ladder and trap door for an entrance.. fairly safer than a land home. this game has stolen so many hours from me and is a blast.

Guest McGeekinator
The most important tip I can offer.. Don't be discredited from what you find others have done.

Oh and don't dig straight down :lol

I am on a lot of nights hit me with a request or just join my game, it's always open for anyone to come play