Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Laspher: Dad in the Spotlight 4/15 - 4/19

Excellent questions guys.

Did u guys just keep trying hoping for a boy or did u not care?

After #3, i just didn't care... and to quote my wife, " you'd wish that many sisters on a boy?"

How do you do with distributing your time between kids ? My oldest is 4 and before i had my third me and her did everything as my second is now 20 months but was a mamas boy and didn't do to much with me, but now the third is here it's me trying to play with both but my oldest girl is like "hey" he's my daddy !!  :lol it's always a battle !!!

5 Kids, 5 days a week....1 hour of personal "daddy time", different night, different kid.  We also watch some tv shows together, or a movie from time to time.  Being a house full of girls, I've grown to appreciate the Barbie movies.  The 1 on 1 time is currently suspended because the kids are behind in their basic chores...they HAVE to clean their room, and help keep the living room clean.  They've not done as well as they should have.

Great parenting man...and lol on the Barbie movies...having a daughter has brought out a side of me thats doesn't care if I'm in public holding a pink blanket lol

After #3, i just didn't care... and to quote my wife, " you'd wish that many sisters on a boy?"

How do you do with distributing your time between kids ? My oldest is 4 and before i had my third me and her did everything as my second is now 20 months but was a mamas boy and didn't do to much with me, but now the third is here it's me trying to play with both but my oldest girl is like "hey" he's my daddy !!  :lol it's always a battle !!!

5 Kids, 5 days a week....1 hour of personal "daddy time", different night, different kid.  We also watch some tv shows together, or a movie from time to time.  Being a house full of girls, I've grown to appreciate the Barbie movies.  The 1 on 1 time is currently suspended because the kids are behind in their basic chores...they HAVE to clean their room, and help keep the living room clean.  They've not done as well as they should have.

Great parenting man...and lol on the Barbie movies...having a daughter has brought out a side of me thats doesn't care if I'm in public holding a pink blanket lol

Say that when you have to carry a large, pink diaper bag.

Guest Nickali28

Say that when you have to carry a large, pink diaper bag.

HaHa.  I have seen all the tinkerbell and barbie movies with my girls.  The sad part is they are a lot better than a lot of the cartons out there.

See I can't even fathom not watching TMNT or Ninjago or whatever all the time. 5 girls is just too much and lol that's true about wishing that many sisters on a boy. I grew up a middle child raised by my mom mostly, my grandmas and my older and younger sister in the house. I had to join the Marines just to prove to myself I was still a man lol. Sounds like you have 5 beautiful girls both inside and out. Awesome man, looks like you and your wife did very well.

Ty spider.

And now the continuation of DITS.

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

My job...oh what a fun job it is.....

I work in the fabrication department for a trailer manufacturing company.  We make typically 43 foot, 66 inch tall by 96 inch dual walled hopper style trailers (the job I do).  We also make  Steel and Aluminum Flat bed, and drop deck trailers, but that has nothing to do with me.  We recently restarted our grain trailer production, and i'm the only guy in the fabrication department in the building--an expantion of the main plant a few blocks down the road.  I do have fabrication support for some parts from there, but a lot of it has to go through me... and I tell ya, keeping track of all the screw-ups, and potential screw-ups I work with is a full time job.  For the most part, I will be running a large Radial saw, cutting angles like 58.37 degrees, while the saw is clearly marked for full degrees only....that's a LOT of eye-balling a cut.  I also use an old metal shear to cut large aluminum sheets.  Or I'm using a pneumatic drill..and drilling lots and lots and lots of holes.

For hobbies, there is the obvious gamer.  I play mostly PC, preferrably the MMORPG style, I really enjoy World of Tanks.  I do have an xbox360 (broken), Wii, Ps2, and recently an Ipad.  Outside of gaming, I build computers, every PC in my house is one I've built, or I build systems for friends.  And I read...alot.  My favorite series is any of the Star Wars books following the 6th movie (starts with Truce at Bakura).  If i'm out of Star Wars books to read, I'll read anything Fiction, mostly about dragons or magic.

Looking great so far mate. I only have 1 son, i would love a girl. not 5! you're crazy! Guess you never got that Son you were after.

Nice, I haven't been able to do much of my own personal reading cause of school, but I'm getting way into the whole Star Wars history. I started reading The Lost Tribe of the Sith. I have always been into Star Wars, but I want to know the whole history/back story. I'm starting from the very beginning, back when there was no light and dark side distinction.

the xbox is dead to rights...won't respond to controller input..wired or wireless.  It also fails to recognize the ethernet cable connected to it.

As for work... it is VERY rare that they come to me for a problem, also, with the equipment being total crap I have the perfect thing to blame!

I never really cared much for the backstory, read a couple books here and there but they didn't hold my interest as the ones i'm reading now.  Up to around 40 years after A New Hope, I think.