Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Laspher: Dad in the Spotlight 4/15 - 4/19

Let's hear it this week from the dad who succumbed to peer pressure from DerPitts no less and decided to step up to Dad in the Spotlight.  Does it really matter how we get dads on the sacrifice altar?  Not really.  So let's hear what Laspher has to tell us this week about who he is and how he got here.

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Laspher asked me to post his first day, so here it is:

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us.

Hello Dads, my name is Vince.  I'm 31 years old, married, father of 5 wonderful girls--more about them in the future.

I'm the oldest of 3, have a brother and a sister, sister's recently married.  I grew up on a farm near a half-horse--more of a sled dog team really--town.  High school class of 16 people.  In vo-tech there, I learned how to build, and repair, computers and asoftware.  In some summer-school classes I learned how to program in basic.  I went to a local community college to study industrial maintenance, i also took classes in random computer programming languages, C++, Visual Basic, and basic HTML.

I started gaming in 2000 when I moved for college..and had an internet connection for the first time EVER!  My first game was Asheron's Call, which I played for 5 years.  I floated around from game to game, hitting EVE for a while.  Eventually, thanks in part to my brother-in-law, I found World of Tanks.  After a bit of playing solo, I decided I wanted to join a clan, and went hunting the WoT forums.  There I found an ad for this "casual clan for Dads only."  This is the best, and most diverse, clan of dad's I've been a part of, and it is GREAT.

GOOD GAWD SIR!!! Five girls :blink2? I pray for your future sanity and police record. :trap I have one girl and I'm stressin', plus she's not even my blood. You sir, are a man among men  :lol

5 girls ?? Man O man !! I'm on # 3 and i'm done !! can't wait to hear the ages later on this week cause my kids are draining me of ALL my energy, two more and i think i'd die !!!

There I found an ad for this "casual clan for Dads only."  This is the best, and most diverse, clan of dad's I've been a part of, and it is GREAT.

So were you part of another site ?? I only ask cause this is the first site i've been apart of and I hear there's a lot of drama at other sites ??

And Piper, you know better than anyone, Rule # 3: (of the Closet) "you do NOT kiss and tell" how he got "pressured" into doing this, remains in the closet !!!  :lol

5 girls ?? Man O man !! I'm on # 3 and i'm done !! can't wait to hear the ages later on this week cause my kids are draining me of ALL my energy, two more and i think i'd die !!!

There I found an ad for this "casual clan for Dads only."  This is the best, and most diverse, clan of dad's I've been a part of, and it is GREAT.

So were you part of another site ?? I only ask cause this is the first site i've been apart of and I hear there's a lot of drama at other sites ??

And Piper, you know better than anyone, Rule # 3: (of the Closet) "you do NOT kiss and tell" how he got "pressured" into doing this, remains in the closet !!!  :lol

Some of the guilds/clans/what-have-you's had websites, free hosting forums, which i tried to visit...but the activity level was less than nil.  There was no new information posted.  Half of the threads weren't viewable because of admin screwups.  They all fell to the wayside.  Because of this place, i'm being a forum addict, and a bit of a post classy lady...

And I shall violate rule #3.  I was considering doing a DITS...and after reading Nick's, I thought it would be a blast...DerPitts just told me to PM aftr.  So I did.

@spidermang, I'm starting to stress a little bit, but more on that tomorrow, a post i'll be able to make myself because this thread is started...hard to open a thread where someone else does the intro when the other guy usually does the intro 3 hours after i go to work.

"And I shall violate rule #3.  I was considering doing a DITS...and after reading Nick's, I thought it would be a blast...DerPitts just told me to PM aftr.  So I did."

Good cover up lol but knowing DerPitts I can just imagine what he offered.

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

"And I shall violate rule #3.  I was considering doing a DITS...and after reading Nick's, I thought it would be a blast...DerPitts just told me to PM aftr.  So I did."

:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

i'll tell you this: no matter what you imagine, you'll be no where close to the truth!