Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Nickali28: Dad in the Spotlight Mar. 25th - 29th

Guest Nickali28

Hey, Nick.  Great hearing more about you.  A quiet guy?  Really?  Haha.  I'm glad you found your voice, er... chat in DHOforums.  Sometimes I see 5-6 posts from you in a row.  :).

I'm thinking we need to play golf together.  I can hit the ball for miles, with occassional accuracy, but my short game sucks worse than a... well, it's bad.  Running.  Eewwww.  That's only for catching the bus or avoiding zombies.  Biking is where it's at.  :lol.

Looking forward to your next post for DITSL.

Sent from my iPad like a mad ninja turtle wielding Tapatalk.

Haha, biking, I have really really tried to enjoy it.  I now remember why as a kid I chose a scooter that you kicked instead.  I have no posterior so literally I sit on my tailbone...even with a big stupid looking cushy seat added after to help.  :banghead  And I apparently have knee problems which doesn't bother me so much with running, but kills me when biking.  :blink2  Go figure.  I do intend on still trying to find a way to ride a bike more though.  Tons and tons and tons of trails here. 

Guest Nickali28

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

I think I've talked about a few of these things already.

As for jobs, I've worked on a farm of one kind or another since I was a kid either at a friend's house, a relative's place or for a summer job.  Cattle, Pigs, Chickens...pretty much worked at a place that raises those animals more hours than I can remember.  Once I got out on my own a bit I've worked with Wal-Mart doing overnight remodels.  Was not on construction but rather the retail side that moved all the store aisles around to confuse everyone.  :dry:blink2:taunt  Yes, that was me.  My next job was a blind application at my current employer.  I was hired on as help desk IT.  I worked in that capacity for a couple of years and got a promotion to Senior Information Systems Technician, which pretty much meant I did the same job at better pay and could give tasks to the new guy that I didn't want to do.  :lol  A couple years later and my boss managed to get himself fired for something dumb outside of work.  I had 8 years experience and went ahead and applied and got the job.  Been IT Director for about a year and a half now and enjoy what I do.  Still learning to seperate my tech from my manager personality.  Managing isn't what I excel at but it is becoming easier.  If I ever do anything else and money is of no concern I'll try to find some sort of landscaping job, with perhaps PC Repair or Custom PC Building on the side, when I think I want a few extra bucks.  :happyyes:2thumbs

Hobbies....pretty simple here.  As I said before, sports of all flavors, some I'm good at, others ok, and some still I pretty well stink at.  It's all fun, competitive fun, but fun.  Golf, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Running, etc...you get the idea.  i like to move about and pretty much be a kid.  Love spending time with my kids and watching them turn into miniature me's....poor kids.  :lol  Of course, I like to game, all on the pc at this time.  Someday a console may be in order.  I play a lot of ROM's for NES, SNES, and Genesis.  Love the old games.  Once upon a day I collected marbles, but have stopped that and hid them until my kids are well past the lets eat these yummy looking candies stage.  I probably have about 1000 different ones.  :blink2  I still build and collect lego's.  Lots of ebay and amazon browsing as well as yard and garage sells for some good finds.  My son has quite a few that I've gotten him and he loves them.  Be nice when his sisters stop trying to chew them.  :dry  Try my hand at a garden every year and every year it gets a little bit better.  Saves some trips to the grocery store and adds some flavor to the food we eat for a while too.  Produce in stores has no taste....blech.  Can't think of much else I spend much time with really so think that about does it for this day's edition of DITS.  Ask away for more info.  :smile2

Guest Nickali28

Wow that is early lol I worked on a farm growing up and hated baling season. Good write up bro!

sent from my Casio Commando using Tapatalk 2

Yes, 105 degrees and you are out in the sun in a field picking up stupid 100lb square bales.  Which oddly enough are actually rectangles... :lol

Guest Nickali28

Nice and early today i like it.  good write up man.  Are you prepared for Rain's questions of death in 2 days?

Sounds like fun.  He missed Huddled Terror's DITS, kinda missed the questions of death.

Wow that is early lol I worked on a farm growing up and hated baling season. Good write up bro!

Yes, 105 degrees and you are out in the sun in a field picking up stupid 100lb square bales.  Which oddly enough are actually rectangles... :lol

And you get in a good rhythem stacking and and all of a sudden a soaked one comes off the conveyer just about rips your arms off

Guest Nickali28

And you get in a good rhythem stacking and and all of a sudden a soaked one comes off the conveyer just about rips your arms off

Yes, this ^^^, or the bales get out of line and you have to walk beside and place the bells up so the conveyor can pick them up.  Or, even more fun is when you work somewhere that doesn't have a conveyor at all.....then you go out pick the bales up and lug them back to the trailer to toss up and load yourself.  :blink2:lol  Oh, memories.  Round bales are so much nicer, tractor power only.  :happyyes

Guest Nickali28

Good stuff Nickali28! My Mom still buys me a small Lego set for Christmas each year.

Haha, I'm suprised that my mom didn't do that for my birthday.  I think she stopped somewhere in my late teens.  If she knew how much I really still liked them she probably would have.