Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Nickali28: Dad in the Spotlight Mar. 25th - 29th

Guest Nickali28

Nice first day! That looks like a nice September/ October afternoon pic in the highlands of Central Arkansas you got there.

Not sure of the exact date...it had to be between May and Sep as the train is only open on those months.  It is up on a mountain top and was a nice cool summer overcast day.  Mountain by the name of Wilhelmina.  Look it up.  Nice lodge up there being renovated at the moment.

Guest Nickali28

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Unlike a lot of past DITS post my family has been pretty stable in location at least.  I was born about 20 miles from where I grew up.  My family lived in a small town of around 500 people, then moved when I was 14 to about 4 miles outside of the same town.  :lol  So we moved from a country town, to the country outside of the town.  I have relatives all over the US and it was very important to my parents to go see them, so I have been pretty much to every area of the US but a few Northeastern and Midewest places. Only foreign country I've been to is Mexico and a border town at that.  Lots of fun bartering for deals there though.  Good times.  My mom is originally from San Diego and my dad was doing basic training in the Navy when they met and voila.  Youngest of five kids, 3 older sisters (1 passed a year before I was born) and 1 older brother.  Yes, yes, sure I'm spoiled, but also live closest to the folks and as such take care of them too.  My mom passed away last fall so that has been a big change in my life.  Still try to call her sometimes.  My brother lives about 3 hours away so I get to see him about once a month.  My sisters both live 1200 miles away so it's 1 or 2 times a year for them.  Dad has worked for the same company since before I was born and has a few years until he can retire if he chooses to do so. 

After High School I left my lovely small town and went to the University of Arkansas.  Stayed a semester and a half, realized I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do and was just wasting money on resources I didn't know I'd even use.  Came back home, went to a Community College to get some basic coursework and give myself time to find something I might want to pursue.  Started taking computer based coursework and found it fit my personality pretty well.  Met my wife about 6 weeks into the semester and started dating her by the end of the next semester.  Yes, yes, I know, I move slow, she really pursued me.  :happyyes:lol  (she was dating someone else when we met)  :taunt 

Now we have 3 wonderful sometimes horrible children.  6 y/o boy who is as stubborn as me, 3 y/o girl who is a drama queen, and 2 y/o girl who has all the meanness she could have possibly inherited from me. I love them unconditionally.  We are done as I went to the vet and took care of that.  Live about 15 minutes from where I grew up and am completely happy with where my road has taken me. 

Well guys, if you want to know something else, fire away.

Guest Nickali28

We are done as I went to the vet and took care of that

Wow. Well, a doc is a doc I guess. Worked in Walking Dead anyway.

:lol  For sure. 

Awesome Nickali.  I'm glad you found Villid and the site.  I guess we aren't really as structured as the previous group you were with, but we do what we can.  Glad you ventured out from the Tank forum.  So many dads just stay in that forum, and that is fine, but I think some could really have some fun if they ventured out.

It's cool you are always by family though.  Sure, sometimes it is a curse, but it also helps.  Well man, thanks for finally volunteering.  Look forward to the rest of the week and hearing the rest of the story.  Especially since you sound as if not many people ever get to hear it.  What a treat for us.  Haha.

Yeah glad you found the site nick, sorry you had to meet villid !!! :lol

I think that's great that your around your family ! Do they help out if you and the wife want a night out ??

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Guest Nickali28

Yeah glad you found the site nick, sorry you had to meet villid !!! :lol

I think that's great that your around your family ! Do they help out if you and the wife want a night out ??

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Yep, of course, now the tradeoff is that all my in-laws are getting kids to so sometimes we get their kids.... :banghead:lol  The occasional night out is great though.  Sometimes I still get nervous going on a date with the wife which is still cool, at least it hasn't gotten to being meh here we go again boring.  :excited2:excited

Guest Nickali28

Awesome Nickali.  I'm glad you found Villid and the site.  I guess we aren't really as structured as the previous group you were with, but we do what we can.  Glad you ventured out from the Tank forum.  So many dads just stay in that forum, and that is fine, but I think some could really have some fun if they ventured out.

It's cool you are always by family though.  Sure, sometimes it is a curse, but it also helps.  Well man, thanks for finally volunteering.  Look forward to the rest of the week and hearing the rest of the story.  Especially since you sound as if not many people ever get to hear it.  What a treat for us.  Haha.

Haha, the previous structured group I was in, was me by myself jumping in random tank companies and finding a platoon mate from those occasionally.  Lots more opportunity to do that here.  I can be an idiot and have ADD with the same people on a regular basis now.  :excited

Hey, Nick.  Great hearing more about you.  A quiet guy?  Really?  Haha.  I'm glad you found your voice, er... chat in DHOforums.  Sometimes I see 5-6 posts from you in a row.  :).

I'm thinking we need to play golf together.  I can hit the ball for miles, with occassional accuracy, but my short game sucks worse than a... well, it's bad.  Running.  Eewwww.  That's only for catching the bus or avoiding zombies.  Biking is where it's at.  :lol.

Looking forward to your next post for DITSL.

Sent from my iPad like a mad ninja turtle wielding Tapatalk.