Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Nickali28: Dad in the Spotlight Mar. 25th - 29th

Well, I kinda slipped up a bit.  It's been so long since we did DitS, and pretty hectic at work this week, so I just forgot.  Please help me welcome Nickali to our dad in the spotlight though.  He's been with us for a bit, and pretty vocal, but never volunteered himself up for sacrifice until now.  So let the slaughter begin.

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Guest Nickali28

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Well, contrary to popular belief I'm a pretty low-key guy.  Other than out of necessity I don't talk a whole lot.  Although, my sister was quoted a thousand times when we were kids as saying "You don't have to say everything that goes through your head".  So I guess the web is my area of vocal expression.  I'm a long time gamer, although I've never been a serious gamer.  Probably a good thing as I pretty well suck at all of them.  Looking back through some old school work my mom kept I had written down what I wanted to be when I grow up.  You know, Fireman, Policeman, Astronaut, etc.  I wanted to grow up and be "a worker" and that has pretty much been the run down of me in a nutshell.  Never one to get the spotlight, but always doing what needed to be done without garnering too much attention.  Leave me be and let me go through with my life in my own way kind of guy.  I managed to land a job at a Medical Facility and have been working in the IT department there for nearly 9 years now.  Love the job and the people I work directly with.  As for the other yahooligans I have to take care of....meh, another day for that story.  When I'm not at work or gaming I am very much an athlete and outdoor person.  Hunting, fishing, gardening, and in general being outside does wonders for my attitude.  I'll do just about any kind of sport you can throw at me and be pretty decent at most of them. 

As for finding the site, it was pretty well chance.  I started playing World of Tanks and about 6 months into playing I decided to jump into a bit more serious competition to see what it was like so I joined a Tank Company, which for you non-tankers, is a semi-organized team playing another semi-organized team.  It's a step up from a complete random match where you don't know who the heck you will be playing with until the match starts.  I played for a while and really enjoyed the step up, plus I was a lot better when I had some people to rely on for help.  I played these almost exclusively for about 2 or 3 weeks and came across yours truly, villid, and got an invite to the site.  Checked it out, thought it was a great idea and joined up.  Mostly hung out on the WoT board and lurked for a while but have grown pretty fond and gotten more involved with the site in the last several months. 

Ok, probably something I missed but, have questions and I'll answer. 

Guest Nickali28

Great first day nick ! So what if any, sports are you playing now ?!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Started up running for a little bit.  Found out my family's history of flat feet are bad for this.  I have to go see a Podiatrist to get fitted for some rigid arches to go in all my shoes as my ankles are pretty much going to collapse on themselves otherwise.  Tendons in my feet are inflamed so I've got to take it easy.  As soon as the weather warms up a bit, Baseball, Basketball and Volleyball.  Oh yes, Golf, there is always that, although some don't call it a sport.  Been playing that for years (badly).  :doh:lol

Guest Nickali28

I consider myself a par putter, when its time for me to putt I'm on par.  Is that your actual pic under your name/

Sounds about right, I can chip and putt just fine, can't hit the ball very far.  Normally, by the time I'm to the green I have to make my first putt to save par.  I am a bogey player.  Yes, that is my real pic in all my *ahem* glory.  Went on a miniature train ride with the kids.  :smile2