Sign in to follow this  
MBKKGD

Looking for thoughts about Salem or Smolensk

I have enough coal/steel to get one of these two ships. Anyone have any thoughts as to which one would be better. I do have the Des Moines‘s already. But was thinking of the Russian bias. Any thoughts would be great.

Contrary to what you see posted everywhere or what people say the Smolensk actually has a pretty high skill level. You have to be pretty good with cruisers or DD's in order to do well in it. Because in essence it is a BIG DD....  TBH, I don't like it, it's a boring type of game play to me. I got the Thunderer instead, that thing is pretty fun!  It's a Conquerer with 18" guns.

Eh, I'd not do either.  I mean the Smol is pretty dominant with a good driver, but it also gets smacked if spotted pretty quickly due to the "KILL SMOLS" meta... If you really like your DM, get the Salem... you get the benefits of a premium from a DM style ship.  

Honestly, I just got the Georgia and probably will get the Benham next.  I might consider the Thunderer also, but it'll be a while to get my coal built back up since I used my 25% coupon on the Georgia.  

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I’m going to work towards the thunderer. I a bit short on coal. Congrats on the new job Hapa