stylerod

Anyone keep track of what you got in your purchased loot boxes?

I bought 75 just like every year. This was a good year. 

48,750 gold
3.4 Million Credits
50 days of Premium
Both new Tier 8's (by the 7th box!)
All the new skins
Crew Commander Julia
Progetto (which I already owned so it give me 11,500 gold)
Firefly
Bret Panther 3 times
Sexton 3 times
PZ3k (I think that is the name) 2 times

Of course getting all this allows you to 100% complete the decorations. One of the cool things this year is getting nation blue prints, 60 of them for a bunch of the nations. That allowed me to 100% research: From tier 9 - Type 5 Heavy, Maus, UDES 15/16. From tier 8 - WZ-120. I have a lot more nation blue prints but ran out of the generic ones so I have to get more of those. 

So, all in all, it's worth the $100 if you still like this game. 

Man you guys are lucky. I felt like mine was a huge bust. 22 boxes:

8750 gold

700,000 credits

5 days premium

sexton

Tier II AMX

Firefly VC

No skins, tier 8 tanks, nor commander--mostly extra gold...

75 Boxes. In my mind, the total haul was worth between $200 and $300, so I was happy. Got both tier 8s, didn't get the Object til near the end, was very nervous. Think I only missed on tank.

AM 39 Gendron-Somua
Sexton I
Sherman VC Firefly
Bretagne Panther
E 75 TS
Object 703 Version II

31,000 gold
3,500,000 credits
54 days premium
Julia

Bought 11 boxes, 3250 gold, Bretagne Panther, and the AM 36 Gendron-Somua. And 1 day of premium. Not too bad. Would have liked more gold. Last year I got 4200 but I already had some of the tanks I got. I might get another 11 boxes later. It would have been nice to have got one of the tier 8 premiums. Not complaining mind you. Merry Christmas everyone. (I was 10, and you know what they got me? They got me the Malabu Barbie! Thats not who I am! I wanted the Ballerina Barbie! ) Oh, and some credits...didn't keep track of them.

I bought 75 "Christmas" collection boxes. This was my haul (not too much Gold as I didn't get duplicates of many tanks... and I got screwed with a lot of 100k credit boxes):

Unique Commander
51 Days of Premium
26,000 Gold (not including duplicate tanks gold)
E75 TS x 1
Obj 703 v.II x 1
Sexton I x 2 (2,200 Gold from the duplicate)
Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K x 1
Bretagne Panther x 1
Sherman VC Firefly x 1
AM 39 Gendron-Somua x 1
2,900,000 Credits (only 3 of those were 500k credit boxes, the other 14 were 100k)
E100 3D Skin
Jgpz E100 3D Skin

I felt as though I certainly had a much lower haul than previous years. 14/75 boxes only gave me the bonus 100k credits. That's 18%. Considering how many different prizes there were, the 100k credits popped up far too often.

I'm still happy as I managed to get both new premium tanks and I got the unique commander this year as I didn't get it last year. Sadly, the 3D skins I got are both for lines I haven't even started yet. They'll go with my Grille line 3D skin that I haven't started yet either... Was really hoping for the E4, 430u and 140 skins. 

On a side note, I did get another 11 "Magic" boxes with the $20 card I won from the Derpsgiving giveaways. It got me the 13 105 3D skin which I do have. No notable hauls. I got another Sexton and the rest was mostly credits or small amounts of Gold. 

Sadly, it appears that WG nerfed the drop rates this year. Also, they made the collections almost impossible to complete by increasing the number of ornaments by quite a lot. Tying the credit bonus to the total number of ornaments collected is just petty. Previous years, as soon as you hit tier X festive atmosphere, you had the full 50%. This year, unless you buy a large box from each set, you're likely not going to complete any of the collections or get the 50% bonus to credits.

7 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

I bought 75 "Christmas" collection boxes. This was my haul (not too much Gold as I didn't get duplicates of many tanks... and I got screwed with a lot of 100k credit boxes):

Unique Commander
51 Days of Premium
26,000 Gold (not including duplicate tanks gold)
E75 TS x 1
Obj 703 v.II x 1
Sexton I x 2 (2,200 Gold from the duplicate)
Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K x 1
Bretagne Panther x 1
Sherman VC Firefly x 1
AM 39 Gendron-Somua x 1
2,900,000 Credits (only 3 of those were 500k credit boxes, the other 14 were 100k)
E100 3D Skin
Jgpz E100 3D Skin

I felt as though I certainly had a much lower haul than previous years. 14/75 boxes only gave me the bonus 100k credits. That's 18%. Considering how many different prizes there were, the 100k credits popped up far too often.

I'm still happy as I managed to get both new premium tanks and I got the unique commander this year as I didn't get it last year. Sadly, the 3D skins I got are both for lines I haven't even started yet. They'll go with my Grille line 3D skin that I haven't started yet either... Was really hoping for the E4, 430u and 140 skins. 

On a side note, I did get another 11 "Magic" boxes with the $20 card I won from the Derpsgiving giveaways. It got me the 13 105 3D skin which I do have. No notable hauls. I got another Sexton and the rest was mostly credits or small amounts of Gold. 

Sadly, it appears that WG nerfed the drop rates this year. Also, they made the collections almost impossible to complete by increasing the number of ornaments by quite a lot. Tying the credit bonus to the total number of ornaments collected is just petty. Previous years, as soon as you hit tier X festive atmosphere, you had the full 50%. This year, unless you buy a large box from each set, you're likely not going to complete any of the collections or get the 50% bonus to credits.

Yeah, right now I have 197 out of 380 ornaments. But I am at 37% bonus per battle, so not too bad. I haven't started using shards to get the things i need. Maybe I should. 

I got the dualie and a few skins with my usual $100 bundle. I received a gift card that allowed me to take another shot at the E75 TS, the tank I really wanted, and was successful. Huzzah!

I think the boxes still give you your money’s worth. I have enough gold to get a couple more tanks, picked up the T26E5 already, and will get the T-44-100 if it is offered in the Advent calendar. However, the drops do seem more stingy. Last year, I felt spending $100 would get me everything, and it did. This year, it wasn’t even close; no Progetto, no 130PM, no unique commander, and missing at least one skin. That’s after spending more money then the previous year. So, if you go in expecting fair value then you’ll be happy. If you go in expecting a certain tier 8 tank you’ll likely be disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, stylerod said:

Yeah, right now I have 197 out of 380 ornaments. But I am at 37% bonus per battle, so not too bad. I haven't started using shards to get the things i need. Maybe I should. 

I would highly recommend that you craft the Large decorations. Those give the largest boost to the credit earning. All 4 combine to 10%. They can not be earned (IIRC). They either need to be crafted or awarded from the bought large boxes.

I got one out of the 75 + 11 Large boxes that I received. I crafted the other 3.

shot_220.thumb.jpg.2229fc1ba965162b400b0de5dc26bd00.jpg

7 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

I got the dualie and a few skins with my usual $100 bundle. I received a gift card that allowed me to take another shot at the E75 TS, the tank I really wanted, and was successful. Huzzah!

I think the boxes still give you your money’s worth. I have enough gold to get a couple more tanks, picked up the T26E5 already, and will get the T-44-100 if it is offered in the Advent calendar. However, the drops do seem more stingy. Last year, I felt spending $100 would get me everything, and it did. This year, it wasn’t even close; no Progetto, no 130PM, no unique commander, and missing at least one skin. That’s after spending more money then the previous year. So, if you go in expecting fair value then you’ll be happy. If you go in expecting a certain tier 8 tank you’ll likely be disappointed. 

Much agreed. Don't expect more than what you pay for and you'll be happy. Some will get lucky... Others, not so much.