joey791

WoT Clan Invite Requests

7 minutes ago, Cpl_Maida said:

LMAO.  Sounds good.  I let @mrholsy know you were looking for an invite.

Awesome, Thanks!!!

Welcome to circeseye, JayZup and Masterful_one, to DHO. Welcome Abord <😊

Hi guys. I'm looking for an invite. (I'm happy to pop by on Teamspeak and hang out for a while first, if you prefer.) I made my introduction post. Its seemed strange to get too deep into WOT-specific stuff in the general introduction, so here's a little more about me from that perspective.

I've been playing WOT for nearly seven years. I've been in at least six clans, including two Reddit-family clans. WOT is probably my main hobby at this point. I'm half-decent (depending on your standards, of course), and actively trying to improve. I sometimes play longer than good sense would dictate, and I've been known to get a little salty when things go badly for a while---especially if I'm getting clicked. But all-in-all I'm pretty easy-going. Since grinding alone is kind of sad and lonely, I'm looking for pleasant people I have something in common with, who'd like to hang out and maybe platoon occasionally, and who try to do well but aren't looking to develop into serious competitive team players. I don't need a lot of obligations or expectations; I have plenty of those in my life.

One issue I've had with some previous clans is that I don't have that much in common with college freshman anime fanatics who can't stop talking about their dank memes. (It took me a while to figure out what a meme is, and I'm still not sure what makes one dank.) 🙂 Another is that they ended up being taken over by the element that wanted to get into competitive team play on a serious basis. It doesn't sound like either of those are likely to be issue in the DHO clans.

https://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/marshalmatt/1002128913/

27 minutes ago, marshalmatt said:

Hi guys. I'm looking for an invite. (I'm happy to pop by on Teamspeak and hang out for a while first, if you prefer.) I made my introduction post. Its seemed strange to get too deep into WOT-specific stuff in the general introduction, so here's a little more about me from that perspective.

I've been playing WOT for nearly seven years. I've been in at least six clans, including two Reddit-family clans. WOT is probably my main hobby at this point. I'm half-decent (depending on your standards, of course), and actively trying to improve. I sometimes play longer than good sense would dictate, and I've been known to get a little salty when things go badly for a while---especially if I'm getting clicked. But all-in-all I'm pretty easy-going. Since grinding alone is kind of sad and lonely, I'm looking for pleasant people I have something in common with, who'd like to hang out and maybe platoon occasionally, and who try to do well but aren't looking to develop into serious competitive team players. I don't need a lot of obligations or expectations; I have plenty of those in my life.

One issue I've had with some previous clans is that I don't have that much in common with college freshman anime fanatics who can't stop talking about their dank memes. (It took me a while to figure out what a meme is, and I'm still not sure what makes one dank.) 🙂 Another is that they ended up being taken over by the element that wanted to get into competitive team play on a serious basis. It doesn't sound like either of those are likely to be issue in the DHO clans.

https://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/marshalmatt/1002128913/

Welcome, sir. You’re already one of my favorites because you navigated the introduction and invite request without assistance 🙂

Only thing you missed is whether you want to join the casual clan (DHO) or the high tier organized gameplay clan (DHO-X), which is still pretty casual. All new recruits get into DHO; admission to X must be approved by an officer. 

Also, join the Discord server. We no longer use TS. 

23 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

Welcome, sir. You’re already one of my favorites because you navigated the introduction and invite request without assistance 🙂

Only thing you missed is whether you want to join the casual clan (DHO) or the high tier organized gameplay clan (DHO-X), which is still pretty casual. All new recruits get into DHO; admission to X must be approved by an officer. 

Also, join the Discord server. We no longer use TS. 

Will do. I have Discord but have never used it for voice comms. I'll figure it out.

In my haste to apply I missed the distinction among clans. As a matter of first impression it sounds like DHO may be the right fit, but maybe I could swing by the server, platoon a little, talk to some of you, then let you know? Or maybe just join DHO and then see what DHO-X is about?