Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

WoT Advent Calendar 2020

Day 6: ELC EVEN 90, starting at $30.99 or 6500 gold. 

SVqZqW7h.png

I’m not sure there is a tier 8 premium with less impressive stats then the EVEN 90. Everything looks bad, except the camo which can only be seen in-game. The tank is uniquely bad, but also uniquely fun and interesting. You have to play WoT in a totally different way. You can’t beat any other tank so you’re focused on scouting and support until the late game. The only thing sort of similar are the Brit LTs but the EVEN 90 is moderately dangerous because it has (small) clip potential (and then you have to reload forever). I like the tank and the challenges it offers, but I doubt many people would share that opinion. Buyer beware. 

1 hour ago, gpc_4 said:

Day 6: ELC EVEN 90, starting at $30.99 or ???? gold. 

I’m not sure there is a tier 8 premium with less impressive stats then the EVEN 90. Everything looks bad, except the camo which can only be seen in-game. The tank is uniquely bad, but also uniquely fun and interesting. You have to play WoT in a totally different way. You can’t beat any other tank so you’re focused on scouting and support until the late game. The only thing sort of similar are the Brit LTs but the EVEN 90 is moderately dangerous because it has (small) clip potential (and then you have to reload forever). I like the tank and the challenges it offers, but I doubt many people would share that opinion. Buyer beware. 

Also, the EBR exists which makes the EVEN 90 irrelevant even for French LT crew training. 

Day 7: Skorpion/Skorpion G, starting at $48.99 or 10,900 gold. 

i5hFHXlh.png

Can’t go wrong with the Skorpion; it has been the most popular premium for a long time now. Does anyone that wants one not have a Skorpion at this point? Big alpha with a turret and enough mobility. It only takes a couple hits to feel like you contributed. Obviously, it has no armor and, compared to other TDs, the camo is actually poor. One other negative is a weird crew layout. You get an RO and no loaders. Especially annoying since the high tier German TDs have two loaders. 

Still, it’s a good premium. 

Day 8: Centurion 5/1, starting at $33.99 or 7,300 gold.

P1gQjYxh.png

The 5/1 is a better Centurion as it gets enough hull armor to bully lower tiers. It's the best option for Brit med crew training and probably the best tier 8 gun depression medium for all nations. I actually don't have that many battles with the 5/1 but I also use it in FL often. Really good tank.

FJg11rIh.png

Day 9: Somua SM, starting at $48.99 or 11,000 gold.

B0a0U1oh.png

Somua is great, the best option for French HT crew training. Gun has 232 pen and a clip with 1,500 potential damage. That's devastating and the high pen means you won't need to fire many prem rounds. The hull also has some armor. I wouldn't say it is reliable, but you can get a surprising amount of bounces. However, the turret is weak. That gun with some okay frontal armor make the Somua really good for FL. Honestly, I'm surprised we don't hear more complaints about this tank being OP. Good tank and good purchase if you're interested in the French heavies (crew layout matches the 50B but not the M4 line, which has a Loader).

ajUwFsfh.png

Day 10: M48A2 Raumpanzer, starting at $34.99 or 7,500 gold.

JaQGMzlh.png

I won this tank in a contest from 4Tankers thanks to some DHO help. I was really interested in this tank because it has a freaking plow on the front and it was suggested that it would sort of be a German Super Pershing (I have 3 MoE on the Super P). There are some similarities, mainly they are both below average tanks. Don't buy the Raumpanzer, not even if you really enjoy saying Raumpanzer. The armor isn't consistent enough, you lose too much mobility to be an effective medium tank, and you have trouble brawling because of the large cupola. Another annoyance is the crew. The Loader is also the Radioman and the only other German tank that has this setup is the T-55A. So either you have a dedicated Raumpanzer/T-55A Loader/Radioman in order to max out your view range on those tanks or you play them with a Loader that won't have Situational Awareness (and struggle to get 445m view range). Overall, it's a sad tank...even if it looks cool.