Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Big Drop Derp Contest! A Derpsgiving Bonus! - Nov 23/19 - Win GOLD!

Hey Dads!

Who likes gold?!?

I'm hosting a contest next Saturday night, Nov 23rd. The contest will start at 8pm EST and end at 12am EST. It is open to ALL dads that are part of the DHO site, regardless of which clan you're currently in. (I may be a few minutes late to start it up as the kids go down at 8pm. If anyone would like to arrange a drop or two if I'm not on, that's perfectly fine.)

The event will have 3 prizes:
1st Prize - 100 Gold per participant to a max of 3,000 Gold!
2nd Prize - 750 Gold
3rd Prize - 500 Gold

The rules for the event are as follows:
-The contest is limited to tier VI derp tanks. (See below for most, if not all of the relevant tank & gun combos)
-HE is not required, but the derp gun is. Firing HEAT or HE out of the derp gun is allowed.
-Top 3 single highest damage battles will win the prizes.
-Only your highest damage battle will be counted, so each person can only win one prize. 
-You need to Super Drop with everyone which will be coordinated through Discord. 
-You need to be in the Discord server any time after 8pm EST and before the last battle drops around 11:50pm EST. (I will request a channel specially named for this event from one of the WoT Discord Admins)
-In the event of a tie for any position, we will start a training room and the two people tied for a position will duel to the death. The person who loses will drop down to the next position in the standings.
-Keep a screen shot of your highest battles to post here for verification after.

Platoons are not required, but are encouraged.

People are welcome to stream the event.

Google Doc Link to track progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192E0UQwf4Pmq_58Xb6mEyZi1AK0G73bnLq1ws6I1dOU/edit?usp=sharing

Tier VI Derp Combos

US
M4A3E8, 105mm M4
M4A3E2, 105mm M4

German
VK 30.01(P), 10.5cm Kw.K. L/28
VK 30.01(H), 10.5cm Kw.K. L/28

Russia
T-34-85, 122mm U-11
T-150, 122mm U-11
KV-2, 152mm M-10

UK
Cromwell, 3.7-inch Howitzer
Churchill VII, 3.7-inch Howitzer
Firefly, 105mm M4

Japan
O-I, 15cm Howitzer Type 96

In 2018 we ran tier V's and the top players were:
@BigRed98 with 2,227 damage (2,000 Gold)
@xtc4 with 1,882 damage (750 Gold)
@Grimm65 who somehow tied my score exactly with 1,660 damage (500 Gold)

Just a reminder that this happens tomorrow evening.

I mentioned it on Discord and haven't had any confirmations yet, but I may be a little late starting this as my wife has told me that we are attending a Santa Claus parade at 6pm. Depending on how late the parade runs, I may be a little late getting to my PC.

Any help on making sure people that are in channel for the contest are on the spread sheet would be greatly appreciated.

For those that missed it... This is what most of the battles looked like last night. The comments from the non-DHO teammates were rather amusing seeing all the KV-2's dropping into the matches! Lol!

shot_180.jpg