Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Ruiner: Dad in the Spotlight Jan 7th - 11th

Nice write up Jeremy. Must but such a lax job man, I'm jealous. And 1,200 chair damn that chair better perform something else like something orgasmic for that price :lol

I'm here with a probably 200 office chair and my back is killing me booooooooooo :lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Nice write up Jeremy. Must but such a lax job man, I'm jealous. And 1,200 chair damn that chair better perform something else like something orgasmic for that price :lol

I'm here with a probably 200 office chair and my back is killing me booooooooooo :lol

I think they are cheaper now, but they made a big deal about how much they were when they replaced the old ones with them about 6 years ago. Not having a cushion to absorb other peoples butt sweat/stink is a huge plus  :lmao2

417HsX0w5VL._SY300_.jpg

we had those chairs when i worked at Koch. THEY WERE AWESOME!!! i think you suck at multiplayer because nothing gives you more satisfaction than some dude rubbing his taint in your face after he kills you  :chiefdance

Cool deal.  How did you end up being the position you are in now?  Seems like a real cush job, but of course, you aren't making friends at work no doubt.  :lol

Meh, it wa a mixture of luck, timing and actually just coming to work and doing my job when I first got hired on.  Moved around from department to department, so made some good contacts and good impressions apparently.  Only downside to where I am now is there isn't much room to move up, or even laterally, but as long as people like to be lazy and/or not come to work I should have some job security down the road.

As for making friends, I actually try not to make any at work.  Prevents any possible allegations of favoritism, or otherwise.  Plus, I don't actually issue any warnings or anything, their supervisor does all of that.  I just point the finger  :fear

Ok, easy day.  Given my dislike of new people and crowds, I usually prefer to stay home when I can.  That is even more the case now that I have a family to keep me busy and entertained.

Geographically speaking, I haven't been to too many places.  I was a Marketing Coordinator for a Long Term Care consulting firm in my previous job, and that had me traveling all over to run our booth at trade shows, but I hated almost all of it.  it was right before 9/11, so I can't imagine trying to do that job today.  Went to San Diego, Miami, Boston and a few other places, but if something wasn't the airport, convention center or within walking distance of the hotel, I didn't see it.

Oh, I also took a road trip once with a crazy ex to her family's place in Louisiana.  Despite her being a nut job, her family was really cool, and the food, oh the food.  Aftr, I have no idea how everyone down there isn't 400 lbs with massive heart problems.  And before you ask, I don't remember the name of the town, Though I think it was less than an hour from Ville Platte; Turkey Creek or Turkey Run, something like that?  It was pretty rural, but it reminded me a lot of where I grew up, so it was quite a relaxing getaway... or it would have been if I didn't spend it with a psycho hose beast.

My wife and I had our wedding and honeymoon in Maui, which was every bit of awesome in every way imaginable. Weather, food, scenery, people (or lack thereof) was just perfect in every way.  We were there for about 10 days total.  Only downside was the credit card bill once we got back, because man is it ever expensive there.  Totally worth it though.

Other than going back there someday, likely when the kids are older since it's more of a couples place than a family place, and maybe Disney with the kids at some point, I don't really have any real travel ambitions.

Here's some other "places" I've been for funsies:

- My elementary school growing up was the basis for a public school funding overhaul due to it's bad conditions.  The DeRolph mentioned in the case was my older sister's boyfriend for a while, and his younger brother was my good friend. :trap 

- I spent a week in the hospital when I was 17 with spinal meningitis.  Since I was still technically a minor, They had to put on on the pediatrics floor.  My room was covered with teddy bear and building block wallpaper.  Also, first sponge bath, but the nurse was pushing 60 at least and well over 250 lbs, so not the fantasy most teen boys hope for. :doh

- I worked in a video rental store for most of my late high school and early college years in the late 90's.  If there was a movie or SNES/Genesis game out then, I probably watched/played it it more than once.  :loser

- My most favorite place growing up was the arcade at the mall, called the Gold Mine.  I could spend hours in there just waling around, listening to the sounds and watching other people play.  I got $2 every other Thursday to spend in there (mom's payday) and I was sure to make every quarter count.  I wish there were real arcades around like then, not these bastardized versions like GameWorks and Dave & Busters.  :bs

- My favorite place today is my man-cave.  Our house has a finished basement that could double as a studio apartment, with full bath, kitchen etc. For the time being, its all mine with all my gaming gear and such.  When the kids get older I'm sure I'm going to have to start sharing, but until then... :claptrap

Guest WillemUK

This is actually the first 'Dad in the Spotlight' I read. Glad I did. Really enjoy reading it, nicely written. It makes me want to read some more of the other ones. Thank you for sharing Jeremy.

Willem

I think they are cheaper now, but they made a big deal about how much they were when they replaced the old ones with them about 6 years ago. Not having a cushion to absorb other peoples butt sweat/stink is a huge plus  :lmao2

417HsX0w5VL._SY300_.jpg

Those are the type we have once I got out of training. They're very nice. In training though we had like a $50 blue piece of crap that only went up and down and leaned halfway back, not the full amount