Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Mr Linford: Dad in the Spotlight Dec. 31st - 4th

Awesome man.  Haha, reminds me so much of my son.  We just went to Walmart and I bought him an Angry Birds Star Wars hat and a Clone Wars Star Wars clock for his room.  Haha.  Our boys are our legacy, and his birthday is next month as well.  :headbang

Great that you met your wife.  Kinda crazy for moments like that.  I mean, some people meet their wife when they see them all the time or so, but a few are from chance coincidence like yours.  What if you hadn't gone to that party?  What if you got sick, or decided to skip it?  So crazy how life turns out when you sit back and look at it.

Rofl!  I just watched the fox in your Old Speckled Hen link.  Well done!  I'll have to check my local beer guy to see if we have it stateside.  I'm lining up the questions for Friday, mostly around beer, Star Wars, beer, MGs, and maybe one or two about whether you've heard about CAMRA, not that I'm envious about your Brit pubs and good taps.  Cheers!

Btw, we should have a skype conference or something for all us dads with February birthdays!  :lol2.  Both my girls are Feb babies, which meant June was a lucky month for us all!

Good Morning, thank you for the reply's so far. Now its time for Wednesday's post!

Well I have worked for HTEC Ltd for nearly 7 years now! The company is a major provider of payment and loyalty solutions for the Petroleum Retailing industry in Europe. Some of our customers are:

EXXON

ASDA

MORRISONS

RONTEC

VALERO

However we starting to open up to other retail sectors in this year of 2013! We did have a manufacturing department but this was sold last month as this was cost money not making money. I starting working here in 2006 on the helpdesk as a 1st line support to our own payment solution, Gemini. The next few years I work up the ladder to 2nd line support our 'Hydra' solutions. After a year on 2nd line I became 3rd line top of the helpdesk!  :excited2 above me was only management! This meant that I had allot of responsibly. I was given 3 of our customers support SPAR, Costcutter and Surestie. This meant I was the port of call for major issue, installs, upgrades and generically first contact for the head offices.

In 2011 I got feed up with the helpdesk long hours, only have 1 weekend a month to myself and family! So I moved to our Development department and became a Test Engineer. Though really at the moment my job is to do card acquirer approves. This means setup the equipment and running through a test script and resolving any issues before doing the approval run. Things are going to busy this first quarter due to new products coming and need approving as fast as humanly possible! Well that's about the company and my job.

Now for the fun stuff Hobbies!!

First of I love to game on the XBOX and PC. Ranging from Star Wars: TOR to Halo 4! You can see what I have played and am playing here: http://raptr.com/MrLinford/about

As well as geming I am a member of our local Wargames Club, table top games like Warhammer, Wing of War to Mordheim. As well as RPG including D6 Star Wars!

I own a bridge DSLR witch I use as best as I can, would love to own my own DSLR but money is very tight to get one. And thats my short list of hobbies as they do take up allot of time in places.

Awesome write up, man I always wanted to join a tabletop gaming club for warhammer, was interested but in the end just didn't have the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Yeah, lot of time and a lot of money.  Man are those figures expensive.  Pretty cool with your job.  I definitely would have moved from the help desk too.  That sounds anguishing.

Well I haven't been abroad for ages as can't afford it. But when I was young, making myself feel old here, I went to Florida, Disney World! This was back in 1997!

This was with the whole family from my Mums side, 10 of us back then! It was a wounder-full holiday as we spent a week at Disney World and then a week at St.Lucia!

In 2001 I think, we went to South Africa to Tunisia for a nice holiday. Apart from them closing the main pool for 5 days to repair the smallest part of the tiles. The food was crap. All the Brits there complained and then they had some food we could eat, marked only for the British! But apart from that it was not a bad holiday!

My Grandparents have a static caravan in 'The New Forest' for as long as I can remember. We try to get there every summer even if its just a long weekend. Bradon loves it there! So do I.  :excited

I really wont to go to New Zealand and/or Australia! Also visit the States again wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Well that's it for now, Q&A tomorrow!

Where's the Canadian love baby the love :lol Disney land is fun in Florida I went there back in 1992 I believe it was fun, can't believe they would close down the pool for something so small in your stay at africa. Australia looks like an awesome place to visit, I would love to go there as well. If you go to the states make sure to stop by at pitts closet, he would love the company :lol

Great write up dude and thanks for sharing the week with us. :happyyes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk