Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

HueyDogg: Dad in the Spotlight Apr 4th - 8th

Wow Huey, that is really cool.  The commute sucks, but that sounds really cool to me to be a Ranger for the Oregon State Parks.  I can understand the finances not always being there, but that seems like a cool job to have.  You really have a lot of things that you do.  Not to mention being dragged all around with your kids' activities, it's amazing you've had time for these extra jobs and hobbies and college.  Great job bro. 

Well traveled I am not. I have lived in the western coast states pretty much my entire life. Although I Had a short, very short stint in Idaho when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade and lived in Montana with my dad for a few months after I graduated from high school. But since I have been a small town guy my whole life; not living in a population greater than 80,000; (hell the County I live in has a pop. Just over 205,000) I am trying to get out there and experience the bigger city life; but I have yet to make it past the Rockies. 

I try to get out with my brother and one of our best friends for an annual hike. In the past our hikes have brought us to Northern Washington, Central Oregon and Northern California. My family and I try to get out once a year for a family trip. Recently we went to Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula. In the past we have gone to San Francisco and Arches National Park in Utah.

As for where I want to go…… that is a long list is entirely too long to mention her. My wife and I created a list of things we want to do in the next year….five years….10 years…..so on and so forth. One thing I do know is if I make to Arizona I am going to steer clear of Chill’s territory.  :lmao2 

Guest JacksDaddy

but my territory is awesome.  even if i am here, its the place to be  :sad2

yeah right. 

we live in a real nice area, but its technically part of a city that is a hole.  its a crapshoot.  nobody wants to be associated with this city.  but you should come visit.  we'll go golfing  :lmao2  and play black ops  :drunk

Nice Huey.  City life.  You aren't missing much.  You hear mainstream and people say the city is where it's at, and you can buy into that, but I think now, the country life is the way.  Or the outskirts of the city, so you can drive to the city to do the fun things there, but no way in hell live there.  Hope you get out to see more of the country some day bro.  :lol  And not Chill's area.  Come see New Orleans and smell the urine soaked city.  You'll appreciate your small town that much more.  :roftl

Guest MancYank71

Wow mate, that was some interesting reading. Your`s and your wifes kids are very lucky indeed man. I had custody of my eldest daughter back home in England, until her Mother surfaced after a 2 year abcense, and threw a spanner in the works, and kind of brainwashed her, with gifts and other crap. Visitation started, and it all just spiralled. Social Services did nothing to prevent it either, otherwise she would be over here with us, and not back with her Mum. Ahh well, she has a life of her own now, and is old enough to make her own choices.

You`re a top lad Huey....keep up the good work. Look forward to the next chapter man... :cheers