Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

TL-1 LPC with Offspring style

Does anyone not have an American tier 8 premium med? If not, the TL-1 LPC is probably the best of them. Plus, for what I believe was $40 (I can't see the offer anymore because I bought the tank), you get a 3D style for the tank, Offspring music that plays when the style is equipped, a 0th skill BIA crew (4 crew members), and a unique voiceover. Some people are going to hate the style, voiceover, and music. However, all of those can be avoided.

1. The style can be removed and you can use normal camo/styles.

2. Removing the style removes the music.

3. The unique voiceover can be avoided by setting "Voice Messages in Battle" to Standard.

Done and done. You have a normal premium American med. Personally, I don't care about the Offspring, but I do appreciate the unique voiceover and music. Just little things to change up the game/gameplay. I don't think they are too intrusive and if you know nothing about the band the voiceover can still be enjoyable.

Overall, the tank is a solid all-arounder...like most American tanks. Basically a tier 8 Patton. A little sluggish, gun depression is good, enough armor to work sometimes, high base view range. It has a 90mm with more alpha, 280. Why does it get 280 when every other 90mm I can think of gets 240? No idea, but the punchier gun is a nice addition. Also, 280mm of HEAT pen is pretty crazy; I think the highest used to be the 275mm of pen on the Japanese meds.

I've enjoyed the tank and I think it is the best option when compared to the Super P, Pilot, and Patton KR. I believe the TL-1 is available through Monday, October 14.

WoT announcement and video reviews.....

Thank you for the write up. I got it, was going to play it more, but got sucked into Tank Rewards a little, then had the 10-10 sale, and I think next week is FL?

Good on WG for offering up content. I didn't even do the races.

ps. Hey, how do you think it compares to the Primo Victoria, the other rock-band tank?

11 minutes ago, Mykk said:

Thank you for the write up. I got it, was going to play it more, but got sucked into Tank Rewards a little, then had the 10-10 sale, and I think next week is FL?

Good on WG for offering up content. I didn't even do the races.

ps. Hey, how do you think it compares to the Primo Victoria, the other rock-band tank?

Hmmm, interesting. 

Visuals: I like the Primo better. Has at least a little subtlety. However, the Primo is always the Primo; you can’t customize it. The 3D style is pretty crazy and I don’t like the big lettering down the side. The style can be removed though  

Crew: Primo crew is better because the five crew members will allow you to go up the entire Swedish med line. The tier X Swedish med only has three crew. TL-1 has four crew. This works with the Fatton but earlier tanks in the tree require five, so you’ll need an extra BIA radio operator to make use of the BIA in several American meds. 

Bands: Don’t care about either, although I’ve at least heard on Offspring song before. The music that comes with the TL-1 style is fairly subtle. Hardly notice it. So, I guess I like it, something different. 

Voiceover: Honestly, they are both good and have some humor. I’m sure there are people that hate the unique voices but I enjoy them. 

Tanks: I think the TL-1 is better and will be enjoyed by more players. 280 alpha against 230 alpha? That’s noticeable. Only Primo strength would be when hull down. Turret is stronger and it might get an extra degree of gun depression.