Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

OldSkoolTarHeel: Dad in the Spotlight Mar 28 - Apr 1

Please welcome OldSkoolTarHeel as our Dad in the Spotlight for this week.  Thanks for stepping up to be our Dad in the Spotlight and make sure you update us on what your gamertag is for this week.  :lol

Monday-Tell us about yourself and how you found us

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

Wednesday-Tell us about all your job and your hobbies

Thursday-Tell us about where you have been and where you want to go

Friday-Other dads from the site question the dad in the spotlight, ask them a question and they answer it(within reason)

Here we go.

My name is Rob, and I'm 28 years old. I'm originally from NY, more specifically Sayville, as some of you already know. About 3 1/2 years ago my family decided to move to North Carolina. My dad's business was supposed to open a manufacturing plant here in Lexington, NC, but at the last minute the financing fell through. Not knowing this we moved down in order to work at that new plant. When that didn't work we decided that it was a much better place to start our family. For the same price of my 1100 sq ft condo in Ridge, NY, a horrible horrible area, we bought a 3000 sq ft home on 1/3 acre here in North Carolina. We now love it down here and although we'll never be as Southern as some of the dads on here, we are well on our way. It amazes me when Spencer comes home from pre-school saying such ridiculous things as "y'all" and "right quick".

I originally found out about the old site from a community playdate on Xbox. Then when that ended I moved along with the "cool" kids and actually got myself banned from the other site for some reason. I like it here a lot and am glad you're all here to make this such a great place.

Anyway, I know you're all looking forward to learning more about me in the coming days.

:lmao2 banned? i guess you weren't cool enough...They didnt ban me I QUIT!!!!! great story. sucks you moved so far for nothin but awesome it worked out for the better

NC is way better than NY imo.  What's wrong with "y'all"?  :lol  Cost of housing is crazy.  I remember talking to a NYC cop when they came down to help after Katrina.  He worked 2 jobs and his wife worked, and they had a $220K house.  I said, "wow, it must be a mansion!" 

"No, it's a small house, around 1300 sq ft, but we like it," was his response.  Wow.  Couldn't get used to that.  Cost of living is just astronomical to me.  And I love the South.  :lol

Thanks for hanging with the "cool" kids.

TO DO LIST:

1. Ban Rob from new site  :lmao2

thanks Rob for being the DAD in the spotlight and being my whipping boy :woot

Alrighty then, time to tell you about my family.

My wife Jennifer and I were married 4 1/2 years ago in New York. We met right around 12 years ago in an AOL chatroom. Wow, that sounds weird. Anyway, we spoke online for a couple years then decided to meet in person. That first time was AWFUL! She was a bench and I vowed never to talk to her again.

Alas, she was hot and I was sucked back into her web. We dated for a long time then got married in the Hamptons in New York. After about a year or so she got pregnant with Spencer, and he was born on May 15, 2008. He was the greatest thing that ever happened to me, until my daughter, Charlotte, was born on August 20, 2010. Now they keep me pretty well on my toes for most of the day. If Spencer isn't making one of his famous messes, then Charlotte is crying. Good times.

Anyway, I have parents and siblings too, but I don't think that's what Damian meant about "tell us about your family".