Festival Fair Offers: DHO Thoughts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve played the Lorry a lot more, over 100 battles more, so that might shape my opinion too much. With that said, the mobility and flexibility of the Lorry makes it more fun and better overall. For th

I love this tank in FL. Long clip reload of over 30 seconds, so you need to be careful where and when you unload on someone. Will pen all Tier 8 tanks frontally, I believe, (not where you necessarily

1/21 Lorraine 40t.  Great tank I’d recommend to any non-newbie.  Autoloading fun, crew matches the Batchat, high pen and good alpha for a tier 8, flexibility and punch to carry. The best tie

Posted Images

10 hours ago, gpc_4 said:

13/21 T92 LT. 

No to this one. There is just nothing special or interesting about it. 

Turns out the T92 is discounted for gold. For like 4K-ish gold...I'd maybe so go for it if you have an excess of gold. That's a cheap tier 8 premium.

14/21 FV4202.

Fine Centurion-ish tank that is unfortunately inferior in just about every way to the already offered Cent 5/1. However, the 4202 is discounted for gold. The price is 5110 gold. If you're stingy with your gold and want a premium, gun depression med then this is the offer for you. Overall, there have been, and likely will be more, much more interesting offers.

I find the FV4202 to be a good tier VIII tank, premium or not.  Good turret and gun handling.  Mobile enough.  It kicks butt on a ridge line.  It may or may not be inferior to a Cent. 5/1, but it holds its own even when it is bottom tier.  It is shorter than the 5/1 which helps at times.  WR is 63% over 140 battles.

15/21 Somua SM. 

Somua is a yes. Very powerful tank with big clip potential, good pen, -10 depression, and enough hull armor that at least some enemies will need to aim at a weak spot (which isn’t that hard because your entire turret is a weak spot). Scary tank to go up against and good for FL. Also, trains crews for two French HT lines, including the ARL 44 which I know is a tank absolutely everyone loves (remember the barn turret?). 

Somua...highly recommend. 

1 hour ago, ncpinz said:

Today's tank is the Somua SM.

For folks that have both, which do you prefer...the 40t or the SM?  The 40t looks more mobile, but the SM has a 5 round clip and a higher DPM.

I’ve played the Lorry a lot more, over 100 battles more, so that might shape my opinion too much. With that said, the mobility and flexibility of the Lorry makes it more fun and better overall. For the average player, the Somua is likely the better option because if you pick your opportunities well you can get in a clip of damage and if that’s all you do during the battle you’ll feel like you contributed. For an experienced player, the flexibility of the Lorry will be more beneficial and you can take advantage of the carry potential.