Festival Fair Offers: DHO Thoughts

I had the option of buying the KV-5 or the Type 59 back in the day.  I said 'why would I want to buy a medium tank to train a crew for a non-existent line?'  Boy was I not smart.  Not sure I would have recommended the purchase.  Every other premium tier VIII is better.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve played the Lorry a lot more, over 100 battles more, so that might shape my opinion too much. With that said, the mobility and flexibility of the Lorry makes it more fun and better overall. For th

I love this tank in FL. Long clip reload of over 30 seconds, so you need to be careful where and when you unload on someone. Will pen all Tier 8 tanks frontally, I believe, (not where you necessarily

1/21 Lorraine 40t.  Great tank I’d recommend to any non-newbie.  Autoloading fun, crew matches the Batchat, high pen and good alpha for a tier 8, flexibility and punch to carry. The best tie

Posted Images

On 8/31/2019 at 7:14 AM, gpc_4 said:

4/21 HWK 30.

Basically a lower tier RU. Fast, -10 depression, 102 pen/320 alpha HEP rounds, good shell velocity (unlike the Blackdog/M41 90), crew matches the tier X (also unlike the Blackdog/M41 90). It's solid and I've really enjoyed playing it. At 6800 gold in-game, this will be the cheapest tier VIII offer of the Festival Fair; could only be matched by the other premium tier VIII LTs (EBR is more expensive).

With that said, there is really no reason to have a German premium LT unless you're an LT enthusiast. The tier X has consistently been one of the lowest win rate tier Xs since it was added to the game. I have heard many YouTubers/streamers rail against the Rheinmetall Panzerwagon...and they aren't wrong.

I was wrong about the crew. HWK has a loader unlike the tier X and the same as the Blackdog/M41 90.

6/21 M41D.

This is another HWK 30 situation. Solid premium for a tech tree tank line that is marginal. I'd place Chinese LTs ahead of the British and slightly ahead of German. The VII and VIII are fairly strong but the rest are below average. I really like the tank though and would take the M41D over the Blackdog/M41 90. Actually, if I could only play one premium tier VIII LT I think I'd select the M41D. It has outstanding gun handling, good DPM, high pen for its class/tier, and 1250 shell velocity (M41 90 shell velocity is 830). It also offers a totally different playstyle then the tech tree Chinese LTs which is something I like (one crew, two available playstyles). The tank is a bit sluggish compared to its peers but not drastically so. Like the other Bulldogs, it is also a fairly large LT so the camo is poor.

A good choice for LT fans but not the average WoT player.

7/21 Mutant. 

One of the OG premiums that was initially only available if you pre-ordered WoT. The tank was first made widely available in 2017 and has been offered a few times since then. 

I’ve seen mixed reviews of the Mutant. I remember QB getting it when it was first sold to everyone, which was on RU so he had to create an RU account and buy the tank, and he hated it. I’ve enjoyed the tank. It’s big and goofy looking but with limited MM your frontal armor can actually work (this also makes it a pretty good FL tank). It is very tall, and the sides are huge, and the DPM is low, and the the pen/alpha are mediocre.....but I still think it is a fun and interesting tank. If you need a US HT trainer then go for it. 

8/21 STRV S1. 

I bought the STRV with excess holiday gold but have hardly played it. I think it’s nice you can experience the siege mode through a premium and not need to grind up to the tier 8. We all know the Swede TDs can be very powerful/annoying in the right situation. However, I don’t think I have the experience to comment on this particular TD’s pros and cons. Hopefully our TD peeps can offer their insights (perhaps @Hepius, @Sib78, and/or @Grimm65).

The major benefit of the S1 over the Udes is the 30mm of armor over the 20mm on the Udes. This makes a difference due to the 3X overmatching rules.
The Udes gets overmatched by any gun larger than a 57mm where as you need a gun larger than 90mm to overmatch the S1.

The S1 also plays more like the 103 and 103B because it doesn't have the ability to raise the gun like the Udes does

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gpc_4 said:

8/21 STRV S1. 

I bought the STRV with excess holiday gold but have hardly played it. I think it’s nice you can experience the siege mode through a premium and not need to grind up to the tier 8. 

I traded the IS-6B for the STRV S1 and agree with @gpc_4. I liked the siege mode that I started the grind up that line.

Today’s offer is the Lowe, which I’ll discuss later. More importantly, I noticed that the STRV and Lowe are actually discounted in game for gold. Both were/are a few thousand gold less on their Festval Fair day then their usual listed gold price. 

9/21 Lowe. 

Yes, get this tank. Lowe is an old premium but it’s been buffed. Mobility is lacking and the RoF is low but it has a great gun with a comfortable combo of handling and pen. There is also enough armor to be effective. Plus, you can train crews for three tier X German HTs. Compared to the new VK, Lowe is undoubtably the better premium.