Festival Fair Offers: DHO Thoughts

24 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

3/21 Skorpion G. 

Anyone not have this TD yet? The more TD-centric players can offer better insight then me but the Skorp G has consistently been the most played vehicle across all servers since its release. Turret and big alpha but no armor, low-ish camo for a TD, and a weird crew layout.

Do you like TDs? If yes, and possibly even if no, you’ll like the Skorp G. For a tier 8 prem, it’s pretty much a home run. 

Headlines the Skorp G strat.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve played the Lorry a lot more, over 100 battles more, so that might shape my opinion too much. With that said, the mobility and flexibility of the Lorry makes it more fun and better overall. For th

I love this tank in FL. Long clip reload of over 30 seconds, so you need to be careful where and when you unload on someone. Will pen all Tier 8 tanks frontally, I believe, (not where you necessarily

1/21 Lorraine 40t.  Great tank I’d recommend to any non-newbie.  Autoloading fun, crew matches the Batchat, high pen and good alpha for a tier 8, flexibility and punch to carry. The best tie

Posted Images

3 hours ago, gpc_4 said:

3/21 Skorpion G. 

Anyone not have this TD yet? The more TD-centric players can offer better insight then me but the Skorp G has consistently been the most played vehicle across all servers since its release. Turret and big alpha but no armor, low-ish camo for a TD, and a weird crew layout.

Do you like TDs? If yes, and possibly even if no, you’ll like the Skorp G. For a tier 8 prem, it’s pretty much a home run. 

It's a good TD, but because of the bad camo you have to play it differently. It's more of a "peek-a-boom" kinda tank. Otherwise you get clobbered.

The AMX 13 57 is amazing fun, especially in platoons, the number of times @OneRoundShort, and I have taken these little bastards into battle and drove around like idiots. Even @The_Refhas joined us a time or two. They are positively lethal  when a small group of these little monsters come out of no where, buzz-saw someone down and run away like scared little girls during reload (which is surprisingly fast ~15 seconds).  

I don't own a Skorpion, but if there are tier 8's in the match you will usually see at least one skorp among them. They are like cockroaches... worse then E25s... Many a time I have been bombing around in my cromwell, minding my own business and BLAM! 2/3 of my health is gone...  I may not own one but they are definitely everywhere...

After reading all this I decided to take it out and got Malinovka, here is an example of this thing in action in the hand of a "semi" competent light tank driver:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5011763#malinovka-blackroan-amx_13_57

Skorp G is a good TD and makes good credits.  Play it like a support tank with a little peek-a-boom and you do fine.  Can't bomb around the map like an E25.

The 13-57 is a kick butt little tank.  Highly recommend.

For Twitch Prime folks, the tanks were the T34 (heavy) and the Type 62, both at a discount.  I picked up the later.

4/21 HWK 30.

Basically a lower tier RU. Fast, -10 depression, 102 pen/320 alpha HEP rounds, good shell velocity (unlike the Blackdog/M41 90), crew matches the tier X (also unlike the Blackdog/M41 90). It's solid and I've really enjoyed playing it. At 6800 gold in-game, this will be the cheapest tier VIII offer of the Festival Fair; could only be matched by the other premium tier VIII LTs (EBR is more expensive).

With that said, there is really no reason to have a German premium LT unless you're an LT enthusiast. The tier X has consistently been one of the lowest win rate tier Xs since it was added to the game. I have heard many YouTubers/streamers rail against the Rheinmetall Panzerwagon...and they aren't wrong.

4 hours ago, gpc_4 said:

4/21 HWK 30.

Basically a lower tier RU. Fast, -10 depression, 102 pen/320 alpha HEP rounds, good shell velocity (unlike the Blackdog/M41 90), crew matches the tier X (also unlike the Blackdog/M41 90). It's solid and I've really enjoyed playing it. At 6800 gold in-game, this will be the cheapest tier VIII offer of the Festival Fair; could only be matched by the other premium tier VIII LTs (EBR is more expensive).

With that said, there is really no reason to have a German premium LT unless you're an LT enthusiast. The tier X has consistently been one of the lowest win rate tier Xs since it was added to the game. I have heard many YouTubers/streamers rail against the Rheinmetall Panzerwagon...and they aren't wrong.

Confirmed with today’s offer that you can buy a tank you already have with gold and will receive your gold back while also receiving the fifteen x5 XPs for that tank. You will be out 300 gold for the garage slot. Essentially you’re getting a garage slot and fifteen x5s for 300 gold. Maybe a good deal if you have a surplus of gold. 

5/21 KV-5.

I think I played a rental KV-5 a long time ago, but that's not enough experience to comment on its pros/cons. I thought this paragraph from the WoT Wiki was instructive.....

"There are many weak spots on this tank, which even after buffs to the armor model (9.2) means that you'll bounce close to nothing in an 'aimed brawl'. There are also a lot of flat surfaces of the turret. Granted that your extremely non-meta penetration values (both for AP and APCR) allows you to do anything but ding your opponent, the KV-5 can certainly be a force to be reckoned with. Just not against T9s, or even most T8 heavies. Or hulldown medium tanks, for that matter. Oh, and you probably won't spot any 'vision gaming' tank destroyers either."

So...pretty much the perfect tank.

pOblwkRh.png

45 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

5/21 KV-5.

I think I played a rental KV-5 a long time ago, but that's not enough experience to comment on its pros/cons. I thought this paragraph from the WoT Wiki was instructive.....

"There are many weak spots on this tank, which even after buffs to the armor model (9.2) means that you'll bounce close to nothing in an 'aimed brawl'. There are also a lot of flat surfaces of the turret. Granted that your extremely non-meta penetration values (both for AP and APCR) allows you to do anything but ding your opponent, the KV-5 can certainly be a force to be reckoned with. Just not against T9s, or even most T8 heavies. Or hulldown medium tanks, for that matter. Oh, and you probably won't spot any 'vision gaming' tank destroyers either."

So...pretty much the perfect tank.

pOblwkRh.png

This thing gets chewed up so easily. However, there are some good matchups out there.

BhQ7b2oh.png

74k44wIh.png