Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

MagmaFlow: Dad in the Spotlight Mar. 21 - 25

Guest JacksDaddy

I'm always trying to find a way to make little things do more than what they're designed for

do you mean your penis?  :lmao2  you said do it  :taunt

good stuff magma

Where I've been and where I want to go.

Where I've been: Your mom's house!

Where I want to go: Back to your mom's house!

:lmao2

Just kidding. Haven't been to many places outside of Ohio. I'm kind of a homebody.

I grew up near Cleveland and had the typical teased kid childhood. Spent a lot of time playing video games through high school. After my sophomore year my family moved to a small village just south of Cambridge, OH. On the map, it's just 10 miles south of where I70 and I77 intersect. Kind of a tale of city suburb kid moves to the farmland. Went from a graduating class of about 300 to under 100. Finished out my high school years there in a small school around there. Moved to Toledo, OH for some college. Majored in physics up there and worked at a planetarium (you'd be surprised at how many odd jobs you get working at one). Came back home to the po-dunk town for a few months then moved to Columbus, OH. Went to school at DeVry for some programming. Half way through that I decided that programming wasn't what I wanted to do, but I was kind of committed to it. Then the gov't decided that I'd hit my limit as far as student loans go so I had to drop out of college. Life got in the way, yadda yadda yadda, and I'm still here in Columbus and still don't have a degree.

I've only been to Canada, England, and only a few other places in the US. I don't really travel just to travel. To me, if you've seen one field or hillside you've seen them all. Doesn't really matter where it is. To me, you travel to get to somewhere. Example. I went to Seattle to go to PAX one year. Had fun. Went to NYC for our honeymoon. Went to the finger lakes in NY to go on a wine tour. Went to Niagara Falls to ride a barrel over the falls. You get the idea. I don't just travel to see what I can see from the freeway. I want to have a destination and a purpose.

So, with that being said, I'd LIKE to go to PAX East so that would mean I'd have to go to Boston. If we were ever to have a DHO meet up I'd try to go where ever that is. I'd like to go to Japan, but I don't think that's going to happen. I just don't have the travel bug that some people do. Not my thing.

Great story Shmagma.  I too would like to go to PAX at least once.  I would also love to do a DHO meet up, but being in the Midwest, not a lot of Dads out here.  Anyway, great story.

yeah my 82 year old momma said you were the best, shes waiting for more of that magma flow  :lmao2

Awesome write up!

I bet she is. All the beeotches love the Flow.

That was great Dan.  That really sucks about the degree.  I really hope at some point you get to go back and finish.  My dad's job sent him to college, full paid and employment and he got his degree at 56.  Maybe you will get lucky too.

Where did you go to in England?  Maybe next year I'll try to save and go to PAX East.

Sent from my Win7 phone using Board Express

Well arent i a noob WTF is PAX? I remodeled a wal mart in a suburb of Columbus OH. Cedar something maybe i cant remember ist been many years but had a blast up there