Sign in to follow this  
ncpinz

New British Lights

Several reviews have been saying the British lights were a series of bad tanks.  Thought I would try them out.  I had the exp to set into the Setter (tier VII).  Stock it was astonishingly bad.  Upgraded the tracks, turret, and top gun.  Still a bad tank.  Gun handling is terrible.  It has no punch when it hits.  Its awkward with the rear turret.  We'll see how this plays out.

OT - I am playing with a brace.  Pinched nerve in the wrist a week ago that I'm recovering from.  It has an impact on my game play but the Setter is still a crap tank.

I have about 20k XP left on the Setter. Played 25ish battles. Felt like I’ve had some okay battles, no ace but a 1st class or two, but I really worked hard to get those results. I keep forgetting it’s a tier VII. LTs at tier VII tend to be strong tanks and I generally wouldn’t hesitate to challenge a lower tiered tank, but I think the Setter would lose a fight with just about every tier VI medium. It’s all very strange. 

1 hour ago, gpc_4 said:

I have about 20k XP left on the Setter. Played 25ish battles. Felt like I’ve had some okay battles, no ace but a 1st class or two, but I really worked hard to get those results. I keep forgetting it’s a tier VII. LTs at tier VII tend to be strong tanks and I generally wouldn’t hesitate to challenge a lower tiered tank, but I think the Setter would lose a fight with just about every tier VI medium. It’s all very strange. 

Agreed.  It feels like you are at risk for getting beat in any 1 on 1 match up, higher or lower tier.

Playing the setter now and its underwhelming in every aspect.  The first thing that stood out to me was how sluggish it felt in every sense of the word.  It's meh at best.

Purchased the tier 8. Initial impression is that the tank is uglier but the gun is more useful. 226 pen is pretty good for any tank at tier 8.

Wrapped up tier VII in 39 battles with a 51.3% WR.  So I got better but it is still not a good tank.  It is nearly impossible to carry a battle because there is nothing that it is good at while being only decent at best for everything.  I played as a semi aggressive passive scout.  For equipment I ran a rammer, Vstab, and binocs.  So I'd play bush monkey if I could get to a spot quickly enough, then switch to a flanker to support a push as I could.

On to tier VIII.  Nothing to report yet.  I only have 1 battle in it.

Tier VIII update.  34 battles and a 65% WR.  It is an OK tank but not a great tank.  I run vstab, rammer, and binocs similar to the Setter.  Then you play bush monkey until you get a chance to flank.  It has enough speed to get to a bush (not a far one) but not quite enough speed to get out of it if you are spotted.  Don't bother with radio or engine.  Radio is good enough and the engine while giving you more power actually drops your hp/ton given the higher engine weight.  The top gun is decent.  Not accurate but has a little punch.

I can't say I care for it but it is not bad for a steady grind tank.  If I weren't winning, my tune would probably be different.  I did put in one of the reward crew members as a commander.  The other crew I'm grinding from scratch.  Currently on the 2nd perk for each.

I'm okay with the tier 8 LHMTV. Lots of similarities to the SpIC and HWK, but the gun is better because it has 226 pen and good shell velocity. Plus, you can scout when the situation is correct. Here's a new position I found on Ghost Town - Encounter (wanted that ace.....)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4998584#ghost_town-gpc_4-lhmtv

U37P3Rih.png

3jZNzjBh.png