Sign in to follow this  
Bombaybacon

Homefront: Give them nothing

I've been waiting for a mode that allowed 5 man platoons for a while now. Ever since they first announced 5 man platoons for FL way back when they first talked about it.

I've also always enjoyed "wave style" game types, so this should be fun. Interesting how the mode is limited to a fixed number of attempts per day. It doesn't appear that you can "bank" unused battles to carry over later. That part kind of sucks if you can't make it on a few days during the week.

I'm curious about this part though:

"You have the opportunity to speed up your progress and get valuable Bond equipment faster by purchasing special bundles. They contain additional bonuses, including days of Premium Account, XP and Credit boosters, and more. Thanks to these extras, you can boost your Front faster and shorten the way to your well-deserved rewards."

It doesn't sound like there is a special pay to win mechanic... just that having premium time speeds up your progress. But, I'm unsure if that's accurate or not though.

It also says that you can play for both the East and West Fronts and earn both pieces of Improved Equipment. I'm not sure if the time required will justify the prizes at the end or not...

Save your fuel cans and at 9pm EST we can try to platoon up in 5's and go in with an advantage

@Airbornebob yeah, we probably will. There were 2 groups going between 9 & 10 last night. Should be the same tonight. 

You start the day with 2 Fuel Cans and can earn 2 more by playing in some pub matches. Best thing is to get those extra cans then join up in the Discord channel. 

I’m actually enjoying Homefront. Played randomly and with a 4-5 DHO platoon. Annoying parts are the fuel limit, which included waiting around for platoon mates to earn fuel through random battles (git gud @Sizmic), and MM that pulls multiple level 1 players into a level 3 battle because one teammate is at level 3. Still, I had fun. The waves and higher tier tanks were challenging and working together is necessary. If you don’t want to spend gold you can still earn a few styles which I think is worthwhile (US style is the best one). 

Does anyone know if you don't use your fuel, does it bank? Going away to a campground for the night to visit some relatives and I won't get a chance to play at all... I' should be back Saturday night. Just wondering if I'll have 4 games to play on Saturday (without the bonus) or 2.

Have you read anything specific to that @gpc_4?

49 minutes ago, cowboyup said:

Platooning is the way to go, you cant trust players with names like patton_in_my_pants. lol

He’s a saint!

37 minutes ago, SGrant7 said:

Does anyone know if you don't use your fuel, does it bank? Going away to a campground for the night to visit some relatives and I won't get a chance to play at all... I' should be back Saturday night. Just wondering if I'll have 4 games to play on Saturday (without the bonus) or 2.

Have you read anything specific to that @gpc_4?

That is something I haven’t been able to figure out. I will know this evening as I purposefully left a fuel can available yesterday.