Sign in to follow this  
Juggernaut41

CW Summary

Thanks to all for a fun campaign. We ran every night of the campaign. 51 members participated, 33 played 5 or more and 7 played 20 or more. We had 6 people call including first time calls (as far as I know) by Bombay and Sib, who both did great. Sib went 2 for 3, so pretty sure that makes him the DHO-X career calling win leader.

We did seem to improve throughout with notable  improvements in focus fire, pushing and individual communication. We had a nice combination of some new strats (well, for this iteration of DHO-X that is) on new maps, and working same/similar strats on maps that we have played a fair amount somewhat recently. 

A couple of highlights off the top of my head:

- A down to the wire match against TEACH (a 1400+ ELO clan)

- 7 arty comp win on El Halluf

- Breaking the recent Steppes curse (more than once)

- We still lost more than we won, but our CW elo inched up slightly and we certainly won more than in the last CW season. I think we have found our current ELO and can look to build from here.

Areas for improvement:

- our pushes can still be more tight and uniform

- Calling was better, but still need improvement on mid-game recognition/flex and appropriate patience/aggressiveness. Some of the strats could be better... callers may consider trying to run the occasional advance as a legionnaire with another clan to pick up some ideas (even if it is what not to do). I think our strats on Prok, Steppes and Westfield are mostly legit, the rest are a bit more work in progress. 

- We had good participation, but would like to see more. If we are going to significantly progress in CW, it would be great if we could get to being able to occasionally run 2 battles at once. 

- individual execution. If we want to continue to improve, we need more people to play their tier tens more. Micro positioning is super important, and many more nuanced strats put greater stress on individual execution. If you are unfamiliar with your tank...

- individual communication. We have some nice chatter and ideas happening team wide. Next step is to clean that up a bit by being specific and having a touch more of a filter. “arty in A0” and “277 in G6 taking fire from multiple in C8” and using F7 instead of saying “I’m spotted” are great examples of clean communication. “I’m getting wrecked” and “they are pushing” are examples of being too general or adding something the caller already knows. It’s also challenging if multiple people are talking at once... while the caller is also trying to talk. All of the above didn’t happen too often, but they are relatively easy things to clean up. 

Great job all. Will look to keep the org play mojo going a bit for rest of the summer by running tier X advances at least 2x per week. Ontarget is tee’d up to call this Thursday. Hope to see you there. 

An idea how many bonds it is going to take and when does selection commence?

41 minutes ago, Cpl_Maida said:

7/19 - 8/2.

Gonna take around 15k.

I’d do more this time around. The lowest auction winner from last campaign was 15k-ish (don’t recall the exact number but it was above 15k). 

Prior to the last campaign, there were a couple of events that really boosted the bond pools of everyone, especially the anniversary event. Beyond FL, there haven't been any big events that have given away bonds that I can recall since the last campaign (Jan/Feb 2019).

So yes, I would expect the minimum to be higher, but I don't think that it will be much higher as the pools of bonds haven't grown much recently. The players that bid high last time around will likely not be able to bid this time as they haven't been able to restock enough. Also, a big thing to note is that the previous campaign only allowed the top 250 bidders to acquire the tank of their choice. This time around however, they've increased the number of tanks to be bid on to 450. That's an extra 200 qualifying bids over the last event. Also, keep in mind that the top 2,200 players who earned that ability to exchange Fame Points + 4,000 bonds can't bid in the auction. "The cost of the reward vehicle will be equal to the number of personal Fame Points accumulated by the player who ranks in position 2,200, plus 4,000 bonds. As a result, players with the highest ranks will be able to select additional rewards aside from vehicles". The players who earned the ability to exchange last time around also had to spend 4K bonds and if they're not in the top 2,200 this time around, will likely be short as well.

I would expect the minimum bid to come in somewhere between 15.5K & 16.5K, but it is conceivable that the minimum bid could end up being lower this time around. There are 5,026 players in the Alley of Fame that don't qualify in the top 2,200 spots. So basically the top 9% of bids will win a tank. Some people won't bid because they'll assume that they don't have enough. Many players have spent their bonds over time buying improved equipment. The 250 winners from the last auction are out of the running. So, really I say if you have less than 15K and you really want a reward tank, bet everything and cross your fingers... you just might be surprised.