Sign in to follow this  
DHO Ambassador

Welcome Tim of Thee to DHO!

Attention DHO! We have a new dad in our midst! Please welcome Tim of Thee to our fraternity of dads! He joined on 07/12/2019!

Tim of Thee, on behalf of DHO and all the dads here, welcome to our little online man cave. If you want, give a quick hello and maybe tell us about yourself; What brings you here, how many kiddos, and what games do you like to play?  

I sent you a private message with some more details about Dad's Hideout,  but if you have any questions at all,  just let me ( @DHO Ambassador ) know and I will be happy to help. You can also reach out to the admins ( @thedakar  or  @xJediDadx ) or any of the moderators.  

Thanks!

Hello all, found the Discord 1st via the PAX Community affiliation, having been attending PAX the past couple years, about half as an Enforcer on staff. I'll be 34 in a week, I live in MD and have a 3 1/2 yr. old daughter. Been married for 5 years as of today actually, my wife is a teacher and I am a consultant for a contracting company, my current project has me in web development (.NET).

My "dad-life stress" mostly center around the extra challenge of living with in-laws; about 6 months after we were married we found out my father in-law had lung cancer and 6 months after that he was gone. We moved in with her mom (and grandmom in the basement in-law suite) shortly after to help them keep the house and are slowing taking it over, too slow in my opinion but we're working on it. My wife is great, there's a lot of pressure on her to juggle all of this being in the middle of everything and she handles it well. If you're doing the math, yes, I live with 4 generations of my wife's family's women. Pray for me...kidding 🙂

As for gaming, I mostly play Final Fantasy XI, yea the 20 year old one, my brother, my cousin and I play together and have basically stuck together on there. If you happen to play and you're on Asura server look up our group, Seiten, or send me a message. I also play lots of Total War games...I'm not a big fan of PvP I just generally find I'm not very good at it, don't care enough, and it's not as fun. I like laid back collaborative games with strategy.

My current offline project is building a swing set for my daughter, we got a used one from my neighbor and the plan was to restore it but it had so much decay I realized I was going to have to replace something every 6 months so my Dad and I are rebuilding it from scratch, we're almost done. After that I aim to fix up the backyard for hosting.

I'm also into homebrewing beer with my brother and my dad, whole grain, we're not very good but it's fun and interesting. Best we've made so far is a dark brown that was very drinkable, pretty hoppy. We haven't gotten a good IPA down yet which is an annoyance bc it's our favorite style overall.

Anyway that's me, glad to be here. Best way to contact me is via the Discord, I always have it up, feel free to send me a private message on there. I just don't keep track of forums very well.

See you around!

Welcome! @Tim of Thee I love the screenname.  

if you ever want to pick up a side web project, let me know (cough, support DHO, cough)  i have a few ideas....

In all seriousness, glad you found you found us.  Feel free to reach out and complain/seek advice on your life stress - plus, I would love to see your brewing setup & successes!  I think we have a few other brew heads here on DHO, they might have some tips for a good IPA!