Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - $1 Subscription!

For anyone that hasn't heard about this deal, it ends very soon.

MS announced a new service at E3 called Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This service includes Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC for one monthly fee. 

Now, why is this a great deal? Well, currently, if you pay the $1 for one month of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, any remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription you have will automatically be upgraded to Ultimate for the remainder of your subscription at no additional cost beyond that $1.

So, as an example, if you have 13 months of Xbox Live Gold remaining on your account but have no Xbox Game Pass subscription and you pay the $1 for the upgrade, all 13 remaining months will be converted into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. That means you'll get Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game for PC for the next 13 months for $1. That's a fantastic deal! 

Personally, my Xbox Live Gold was good until May 2020. My Xbox Game Pass was set to expire in November 2019. So upon hearing about this deal, I went and bought another year of Xbox Live Gold. Once I completed my upgrade, my account has now been upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until May 2021. I always have Xbox Live Gold anyways, so getting Game Pass (Xbox & PC) for the next 2 years for $1 is a great buy!

Even if you don't know whether or not you'd like Game Pass, paying $1 to try it out is still a great deal. You get the opportunity to play over 100 games as much as you'd like until your sub runs out.

The deal is supposed to only be good during E3, so you have to act quick if you want to get in on it.

Great tip. Thanks for that as I didn't know about this.

One odd note, when I applied the $1 and it turned my Live and Game Pass into the ultimate package, it seemed to combine the periods out (instead of leaving them overlapping) so I bought out some extra time like yourself into Nov 2021 on gold (I bought into the $35 sale over the holidays which had me a ways out + a year I just bought) while my game pass had 3 months left (from the last $1 sale they had for it) which then put my end date at Feb 2022. Great news that they stack, but caught me by surprise.

One other note for those purchasing a gold year extension to apply to your current account (to take advantage of the matching time), Xbox wouldn't let me extend my Xbox Live subscription beyond 3 years (this offer matches up to 36 month for the ultimate game pass) so I was stuck with 2.5 years and an extra 1 year gold code that I will now have to figure out what to do with it (aside from save it for nearly 3 years from now).

17 hours ago, Gaarafield said:

Great tip. Thanks for that as I didn't know about this.

One odd note, when I applied the $1 and it turned my Live and Game Pass into the ultimate package, it seemed to combine the periods out (instead of leaving them overlapping) so I bought out some extra time like yourself into Nov 2021 on gold (I bought into the $35 sale over the holidays which had me a ways out + a year I just bought) while my game pass had 3 months left (from the last $1 sale they had for it) which then put my end date at Feb 2022. Great news that they stack, but caught me by surprise.

One other note for those purchasing a gold year extension to apply to your current account (to take advantage of the matching time), Xbox wouldn't let me extend my Xbox Live subscription beyond 3 years (this offer matches up to 36 month for the ultimate game pass) so I was stuck with 2.5 years and an extra 1 year gold code that I will now have to figure out what to do with it (aside from save it for nearly 3 years from now).

Glad I could help! I figured there may have been a few who didn't see the posts in Discord... Just remember, when your current membership to Ultimate expires in 2022, the charges will be changed to the new value of the monthly Ultimate price. Not sure what deals will pop up between now and then, or how further extensions of Xbox Live Gold only will affect future automatic billing... Just something to keep in mind.

I presume that there will be options to buy larger allotments of Ultimate at discounted pricing (similar to the current Gold 1 month vs. 3 months vs. 12 months options) in the future.

Regarding the sub expiring, I always immediately go into subscriptions to cancel them so they do auto renew to avoid getting caught by surprise. This way, they last until they expire and then I just get caught by the "you don't have access" and I can simply resub if I need it (when I need it, since it could be days/months after it ended).

Still an awesome tip overall that I hope others will take advantage of.

This is still going if you haven't upgraded for the $1 yet. It's certainly worth the price. Even if you only play one game pass game over the next year, for $1, you can't go wrong!